Danaher Corporation Product Development Engineer in Kloten, Switzerland
Danaher Company Description
Nobel Biocare is a world leader in the field of innovative implant-based dental restorations – from single tooth to fully edentulous indications. We offer dental implant systems, high-precision individualized prosthetics and CAD/CAM systems, diagnostics, treatment planning, guided surgery solutions and biomaterials. We support customers throughout their professional and practice development. Our headquarters is in Zurich, Switzerland, and we have 34 direct sales organizations worldwide. Nobel Biocare is a member of the Danaher Corporation, a global science and technology innovator.
The Senior Product Development Engineer (Sr. PDE) is capable to both leading technical projects and taking full responsibility for developing products according to the company’s Design Control and Idea to Market process. Products include new product developments as well as maintaining the existing product portfolio such as cost reduction or quality improvement. The Sr. PDE further acts as a general point of knowledge for technical expertise (SME) in the company’s products as well as the industry’s trends.
- Autonomously design and develop products according to the company’s Design Control and Idea to Market processes. Plan, perform and document design verification and validation activities.
- Ensure all required specifications and related documentation are in place in due time and quality to assure early milestone achievement (e.g. SG, KGM, Design Transfer etc).
- Manage external partners, suppliers, and KOLs in relation to assigned PD activities.
- Identify patentable designs and file patents in cooperation with the company’s IP department.
- Identify process and product improvements and support improvement requests for other departments.
- Be a central point of knowledge of and comply with all relevant PD guidelines and procedures such as Design Control and Idea to Market process.
- Continuously report to line and project manager achievements and escalates challenges in a timely manner.
* Strong technical background (BSc, MSc or equivalent) in relevant field (biomedical or mechanical engineering). * Further education in Medical Technology or Business Administration is a plus. Fluent in English (spoken and written), German (spoken and written) is an asset * Expert knowledge in relevant tools (3D CAD, SAP, Office), processes (DCP and ItM) and relevant SOPs. * Good understanding of user needs, clinical and laboratory workflow's to be able to translate customer needs into technical requirements and to perform customer visits with valuable feedback. * Good knowledge of the relevant Nobel Biocare products, their history as well as manufacturing methods incl. limitations and cost * Five plus (5 ) years of successful working experience in product development and / or technical project lead in medical device or pharmaceutical industry, preferably in the dental industry. * Experience in leading technical projects and teams in matrix organizations
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.5B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
/To be considered for this role, applicants must be either Swiss citizens, EU-nationals or have the legal right to live and work in Switzerland./
For agencies: please, note that we only accept direct applications. Submission of candidates from unsolicited third parties does not create any implied obligation on the part of Nobel Biocare/ Danaher Corporation.
Organization: Nobel Biocare
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-Switzerland-Zurich-Kloten
Req ID: NOB001968