Danaher Corporation Purchasing Officer in Lane Cove, Australia
Danaher Company Description
Phenomenex is a global technology leader committed to developing novel analytical chemistry solutions that solve the separation and purification challenges of researchers in industrial, clinical, government and academic laboratories. From drug discovery and pharmaceutical development to food safety and environmental analysis, Phenomenex chromatography products, technical services and chemical reference standards accelerate science and help researchers improve global health and well-being.
Selected by the Wall Street Journal as an "Exceptional Workplace," Phenomenex is defined by its passionate people, dynamic culture and distinctive ingenuity. These common characteristics unify the Phenomenex companies worldwide behind our mission "to promote the growth, prosperity and well-being of those we serve - our customers, our employees, and humanity.
We're looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Team.
• AR/AP duties
• Properly execute all regular purchasing duties and administrative tasks
• Maintain accurate and updated purchasing records and pricing in the system
• Follow company policies and procedures to prepare and process purchase orders accordingly
• Effectively manage stock levels for materials and products
• Checking pricing and entering supplier invoices and working with accounting personnel to resolve any invoice discrepancies
• Monitor shipments and key in updates on a daily basis
• Data entry for orders being sent out. Filing of invoices, shipping documents, etc.
• Field questions from sales team and provide answers
• Co-ordinate deliveries of stock between suppliers to ensure scheduled delivery times are met
• Communicate and monitor claims to vendors for any missing, defective parts, etc
• Negotiate with suppliers and sub-contractors for best purchasing package (in terms of quality, delivery, price, service, etc)
• Light weight lifting required for storing, unpacking and checking of incoming goods in warehouse. Packing orders for delivery to customers.
• Experience as a bookkeeper and/or purchasing agent is preferred.
• Intermediate level in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and Internet Explorer is a must.
• Experience with AX system is highly favourable.
• Excellent communication and time management skills
• Great attention to detail
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Administrative
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-Asia Pacific Rim-Australia-New South Wales-Lane Cove
Req ID: PHE000498