Danaher Corporation Water Treatment Technician in Lebanon, Kentucky
Danaher Company Description
ChemTreat operates as a subsidiary of Danaher Corporation, one of the best performing Fortune 500 companies. Our proprietary solutions allow our customers to reduce water, chemical, and energy costs, extend asset life, improve process operations, and reduce downtime. We have expertise in a variety of industries, including automotive, beverage, chemical, food, fuel processing, metals, mining, power, pulp and paper, and textile. We also serve commercial and institutional customers, including data centers, district energy providers, universities, government buildings, and hospitals. Our company has developed a robust product portfolio for the prevention of corrosion; scale and biofouling in critical heat transfer systems and advanced polymers for industrial wastewater.
ChemTreat sales support opportunities are specific to water treatment and require an individual with knowledge applicable to the industry. This water treatment technician position is focused on maintaining the profitability of assigned customer accounts by performing ongoing monitoring and correction to prescribed water treatment programs at assigned accounts. Individuals are required to apply basic water treatment applications and solutions, while reporting results to ChemTreat Account Managers and plant operators.
Qualified individuals in this role are expected to offer professional and high-quality customer service at all times. Further, they need to have familiarity with performing basic water testing, taking measurements, and documenting results.
- Routinely visit assigned accounts to perform water treatment analysis and inspect equipment
- Inspect assigned customer systems according to contractual requirements
- Build customer relationship and interface with plant operators
- Escalate treatment program problems and out of spec results to direct supervisor for resolution
Utilize and maintain company equipment in good, clean working condition
Communicate delivery and customer system issues to appropriate departments;
- Coordinate vehicle maintenance with approved vendors
- Follows all health and safety guidelines and policies
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Technical knowledge and/or capability for pulling water samples and running water analysis, probe calibrations, monitoring and repairing of chemical feed pumps
- Time management and organization skills are essential skills for success
- Moderate level of supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, teamwork, analytical skills, organizational skills, self-management, and commitment to excellence
- Capability of learning operating systems
Microsoft Office Suite or equivalent skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School diploma required, high school or college-level chemistry a plus
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience with chemical and hydrocarbon processing; related experience/training preferred
Driver’s License and clean driving record required
Occasionally required to sit, stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally required to twist, stoop, crouch, kneel, reach or grasp, and work in confined spaces as permitted.
- Occasionally required to climb stairs and ladders and work at high elevations for extended periods of time.
- Required to drive both short and long distances, not to exceed DOT regulations.
- Occasionally required to lift 60 pounds and maneuver drums weighing 250-800 pounds using proper lifting and moving strategies.
- The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
Required to use ear plugs for hearing protection and all required PPE.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment for deliveries and occasionally in extreme heat conditions.
- On and off-road driving, subject to varying road and weather conditions
- Indoor sites include boiler houses
- Outdoor sites can be located at cooling towers, water plants, wastewater plants, and process areas.
- Both indoor and outdoor sites may have high noise level.
Use of hazardous chemicals is routine.
AT WILL STATEMENT
Employment with ChemTreat is on an at-will basis, which means that either the employee or ChemTreat can terminate the employment relationship at any time and for any reason (or no reason), with or without notice, unless the employee and ChemTreat have entered a written agreement signed by the employee and a duly authorized representative of ChemTreat.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/ADA STATEMENT
ChemTreat, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any characteristic protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-KY-Lebanon
Req ID: CHE001772