Danaher Corporation Field Sales Representative (Home-based) in Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
Danaher Company Description
ELE Internationalspecialises in the design, manufacture and supply of high quality construction materials testing equipment and environmental instrumentation. Our products are backed by global customer service, with comprehensive technical and applications support.
ELE International was founded in 1961 to supply testing equipment to the Construction Materials Industry. The Environmental Division, specialising in international projects, was created in 1983. Product sales, service and advice is available from strategically located offices in the UK and USA, supported by regional offices with ELE associates located in Asia and the Middle East.
ELE International provides the expertise needed for accurate, reliable and consistent construction materials testing.
Overall Purpose of the Job
The primary role of this position is to actively promote the company’s products in materials testing, environmental and service to a defined customer base within UK & Europe.
Description of Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Performs all sales activity within UK & Europe to achieve PD target .
- Submits and implements a detailed sales plan identifying: sales objectives, sales opportunities, and major customers.
- Participates in sales activities including: customer site visits, telephone contacts, product demonstrations and customer seminars.
- Maintains customer activity files in SAP CRM system.
- Collects and reports information on all competitive activity within UK & Europe.
- More than 80% travel, extensive driving throughout UK & Europe. Required to Maintain assigned company car in a safe and operable condition at all times
- Other duties as assigned.
The Field Sales Representative reports directly to the Senior International Sales Manager.
- Members of ELE International Sales Team
- Operations Team
- Service Team
- Finance Team
- Engineering Team
Measures of Performance
- Achievement of monthly and annual sales revenue goals, total sales and product margin target
- Evidence of strong customer relationships gained through growing sales activity
- Evidence of good time and territory management and planning,
- Adherence to strategy, sales plan, KPI’s and targets in a manner which meets or exceeds expectations
- Adherence to the Danaher Standards of Conduct
Background & Skills Required
- Two years UK direct field sales and territory management experience
- Familiar with the concept of a pipeline through which opportunities progress & with a higher chance of winning as more information is collected
- Clearly knows how to qualify and close an opportunity, i.e. make a judgment on whether or not it can be won and how, by finding out about the different KDMs involved and probing budget availability, reasons for need, purchase deadlines etc
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong market awareness (competition, market information)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office, CRM systems, and the internet
- Ability to adapt to ELE CRM/SAP system quickly
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Experience representing products that are technical in nature
- Will have a strong technical background ideally in mechanical or electronics engineering
- Clean driving record and must be prepared to stay away from home on a regular basis
Personal Trait Profile
- Must be a self-starter, show initiative and display a positive attitude
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to any given situation
- Results driven with a sense of urgency
- Driven and focused on achieving demanding goals, continuous improvement and high standards at all times
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills of all types and at all levels
- Good organizational and time management skills,
- Ability to assimilate and analyse market information to understand both the competition and the customer, in order to make sound commercial decisions and pre-empt customer needs
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
Expectations of the Role
- To meet or exceed monthly and annual targets
- To take ownership of the assigned area of responsibility
- To participate fully in training sessions, meetings, skill building and professional development classes
- To co-operate with Sales team to determine essential strategic approaches for sales
- To attend sales group meetings concerning sales targets or forecasts, reporting on market situation
- To ensure excellent customer service at all times and to act as ambassador for the company
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaheris a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-United Kingdom-Bedfordshire-Leighton Buzzard
Req ID: ELE000045