Danaher Corporation Country Manager (m/f) - Portugal in Lisbon, Portugal
Danaher Company Description
Hachis a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
OUR MISSION:Ensure water quality for people around the world.
OUR VISION:We make water analysis better – faster, simpler, greener and more informative – via unsurpassed customer partnerships, the most knowledgeable experts, and reliable, easy-to-use products.
WATER QUALITY GROUP
Danaher`s Water Quality Business is a global leader in water quality analysis and treatment, providing instrumentation and disinfection systems to help analyze and manage the quality of ultra-pure water, portable water, wastewater, groundwater and ocean water in residential, commercial, industrial, and natural resource applications. Our water quality business provides products under a variety of brands, including HACH, ChemTreat, and Trojan Technologies.
Purpose of Position
The position Country Manager is a leadership role with responsibility to manage all sales & service activities in the country. This individual is responsible for developing and maintaining a professional sales organization capable of achieving maximum sales volume, profitability, and market penetration and dominance. This individual will also give input to strategic planning efforts for sales including organization and people.
Manage all sales associates, develop goals and objectives that are in alignment with company goals and objectives. Plan, approve, monitor, and meet the annual Hach regional sales plan and budget.
- Develop and maintain; Sales goals and objectives that are in alignment with the company goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain; Annual Country Sales and Service operations plan and objectives.
- Develop and maintain; Annual Country Sales and Service budget and resource plan.
- Interact; with Senior Management group in Europe and Globally as necessary to communicate and provide awareness on Hach (Portugal) Sales and Service plans and issues.
- Direct Reports: approx. 5
- Manage projects/major sales opportunities. Review, assign resources, monitor progress, meet agreed upon due dates and budgets of the Hach (Portugal) Sales Operations; Coordinate intra-company Sales Operations initiatives and activities.
- Manage development of and adherence to policies and procedures; Provide direction in implementing of policies and procedures to ensure quality, consistency of communication, expectations, and customer service.
- Manage interdepartmental problems; be a link between your employees and other company personnel discussing problems with other management to get resolutions to problems in a timely manner.
- Manage personnel issues; Resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Manage rewards; Recognize and acknowledge good performance.
- Prepare and give; Annual performance reviews on time; review and summit annual changes to the Regional Sales Incentive Plan and salary adjustment.
Provide good working environment:
- Help build an environment that encourages creativity, operates with honesty and fairness, and is open to new ideas, and encourages and solicits contribution of ideas.
- Support and Assist; Management in identifying where change will be beneficial to the company/department, promote change; be supportive of change and help accomplish change.
- Promote concept of serving internal and external customers with quality service in a timely manner.
- Support learning; Be a mentor in the areas that you have strengths and create opportunities for learning to occur with others.
Provide good communication:
- Provide high and open communication; to all Hach customers and distributors and Hach personnel in the region and in a timely manner.
- Communicate regularly and effectively plans, initiatives and performance to regional sales team.
- Keep abreast of new technology and activities in industry.
- Keep abreast of industry sales trends.
Stakeholders / Relationships
The Country Manager reports to the Senior Director Sales & Service EU South.
- Regional Sales Managers
- Global Key Account Managers
- Product Managers
- Marketing Managers
- Regional Service Managers
- Project Managers
- Business Units Directors
- Customer Service Representatives
- Sales Support Specialists
- Product End Users including: Plant & Facility Operators, Supervisors and Superintendents
- Government Entities
- Manufacturers’ Reps
- Systems Integrators
- Legal Assistance
Measures of Performance
- Achievement of sales and service revenue goals
- Management of cost center spending within approved budget
- Successful management of Regional Sales and Service Managers
- Adherence to the Danaher Core Competencies.
Scope and Impact of Position Responsibilities
Responsible for top line revenue objectives and meeting expense budgets for applicable cost centers. Position’s scope also includes top-grading and continuous evaluation of optimum mixed sales channels for all brands.
- An undergraduate degree is required with preference given to a major in Chemistry, Biology or Environmental Science; an MBA is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of solid, progressive sales experience within an organization known for having a progressive sales function.
- Experience in business that serves similar customers or sells similar products is a definite plus.
- Formal sales training is preferred with strong preference given to exposure to value selling concepts.
- High potential performer with a solid track record of accomplishment and logical career progression.
- Speaks Portuguese, Spanish and English
- Delivers results; demonstrated track record of driving sales growth, customer expansion and market share growth
- Process orientation with a proven track record of profitable growth and an excellent reputation for leadership in value-based selling process, six sigma and account management
- Has both strategic and tactical dimension and capabilities, can analyze the market, competitors and company strengths and weaknesses while devising winning sales strategies
- Excellent analytical skills and solid business acumen with ability to balance the needs of the market place with sound business judgment
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaheris a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-PT-11-Lisbon
Req ID: HAC005993