Danaher Corporation Senior Manufacturing Engineer in Lodi, California
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• This position will require the candidate to have a strong background of plastics processing of injection molding in the medical device manufacturing arena.
.Support Production in reducing / eliminating equipment and tooling downtime or scrap, utilizing good analytical methodologies.
• Create and maintain Process Flow, PFMEA, and Operation and Maintenance documentation.
• Meet or exceed labor content and product cost standards utilizing good assembly methodologies and ergonomics.
• Support and maintain error-proofing methodologies
• Support facility and production cell enhancements
• Support and develop department or maintenance projects / activities with good engineering direction. Take part or facilitate the team Lean strategies and methodologies and / or Six Sigma activities. Use of DBS systems a plus.
• Facilitate continuous improvement for all processes.
• Support, cost estimate and document all engineering changes.
• Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformance relating to product, or processes and systems.
• Document all activities as required.
. Familiar with Automation equipment
. Familiar with Vision Systems and Tight Tolerance Inspection
• Any additional responsibility deemed necessary by management.
Knowledge and skills:
• Working knowledge of manufacturing / mechanical processes and equipment
• Experience designing, operating, troubleshooting, or maintaining complex production machinery is desirable
• Knowledge of computer or PLC based machine control systems is desirable
• CAD experience (SolidWorks, AutoCAD) is desirable
• Knowledge of Lean / Six Sigma theory and practices is desirable
• Strong skills utilizing Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint) with the ability to learn new systems and tools quickly
• Good mechanical / technical skills
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Possess excellent leadership & teamwork abilities, and organizational skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
. Good Documentation Practices
. Good Manufacturing Practices
Education and Experience (in years):
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with 2+ years of work related experience in an engineering discipline.
• Minimum of 3-5 years related experience in manufacturing or assembly processes
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.