Danaher Corporation Sr Technical Service Specialist in London, Ontario
Danaher Company Description
The Trojan Technologies group of businesses offers products under the brands Aquafine, Salsnes Filter, Trojan Marinex, TrojanUV and VIQUA. Applications and markets served include municipal wastewater, drinking water, environmental contaminant treatment; ballast water treatment; residential water treatment; ultra-purification of water used in food and beverage manufacturing, pharmaceutical processing and semiconductor applications; filtration and solids separation.
Trojan Technologies enables customers to meet their water quality objectives by providing eco-efficient solutions that reduce and recover costs, energy, resources and space. Collaboratively solving problems with our customers, we deliver low-risk innovative technologies that offer sustainable, effective results. We ensure greater water confidence and environmental stewardship for people, industries and municipalities, improving the lives of over one billion people globally.
Purpose of Position
The role is a senior level technical service position, directly impacting customer satisfaction. The incumbent is viewed as a resident expert on Trojan products for the identification, diagnosis and resolution of service issues for plant operators, field service personnel, and the service provider network. The intention is to leverage existing proficiency and technical expertise in the pursuit of resolving the most complex of product application issues. The role is an extension of the Technical Support team, working closely with the TAC team, Service Operations, Field Service and AMPS.
- Provide identification, diagnosis and resolution information to both internal and external customers of technical issues, ranging from routine to highly complex
- Typically project manages issues which are chronic in nature, requiring significant effort and time to resolve.
Able to leverage industry, process, and equipment knowledge to solve application problems
Applies complex problem solving techniques. Has a clear, logical approach to issues
- Advise and validate proposed service solutions/plans
- Ability to exercise judgment in situations requiring escalation to the next level
Follows standard service processes and utilizes service tools and software
Advanced hands-on technical working knowledge of Trojan products, and related environmental impacts
- Apply existing product/industry/academic knowledge effectively
- Has existing municipal water industry process knowledge for increased ability to provide accurate solutions
When required, attends customer sites to determine root cause, requiring the ability to operate and troubleshoot equipment
Assess the potential for sales or additional goods/services, service contracts, etc., and makes recommendations for further development in collaboration with Account Managers
- Identify and escalate continuous improvement initiatives
Participates in product development and improvement meetings providing “Voice of the Customer” and Service perspective
Provides written feedback to Engineering and Production departments on quality or operational problems with equipment in the field. Recommends changes in the design or assembly of equipment required to improve performance
Support training and development of Field Service Technicians, Rep Technicians, Customers, AMPS and TAC personnel
Provide efficient and courteous customer support at all levels, even when faced with challenging personalities and dissatisfied customers
Collaborate with Parts Sales, Service Operations, Field Service, and other related departments
- Develop effective working relationships in the field with customer personnel, contractors and Service providers
- Interpret and explain technical information to customers at all levels of understanding and experience
- Support business development initiatives as necessary
- Electrical license or formal training/education in an electrical or electronic discipline preferred
- Familiarity with electrical, electronic, hydraulic and mechanical principles
- Extensive experience dealing with technical issues in a customer service setting
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to communicate across all level and cultures
- Independent learner, innovative with a drive for continuous improvement
- Organization and project management skills, effectively manages multiple priorities
- Ability to travel internationally up to 25% of the time
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team. Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Organization: Trojan Technologies
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: North America-North America-Canada-ON-London
Req ID: TRO000817