Danaher Corporation Account Manager - Los Angeles, CA in Los Angeles, California
For over 170 years, Leica Microsystems has helped shape the future by developing groundbreaking optical and digital solutions. As a global leader, we’re driven by continuous improvement to excite our customers and to create the best work environment for our people. Customer focus, innovation, and teamwork are at the core of our culture and the foundation of our success.
Leica Microsystems is one of the market leaders in the fields of microscopy, imaging, and analysis. We reveal the invisible and empower our customers to create a better and healthier world. Together with our customers, we transform scientific discovery. We empower surgeons to take well-informed decisions in life-changing procedures. We enable users to gain insights which help answer key questions concerning development and engineering. All of this is achieved with the combination of cutting-edge microscopes and AI-based image analysis.
Want to be part of a company whose products are part of cutting-edge research around the world? Join Leica Microsystems in our commitment for brilliant solutions and insight.
Leica Microsystems is one of 10 Life Sciences companies of Danaher. Together, we accelerate the discovery, development and delivery of solutions that safeguard and improve human health.
Come join a fantastic team! The Account Manager position is responsible for growth and expansion of direct sales and profit margins within assigned accounts and/or territory/region on products or services. Establishes professional relationships with key personnel in customer accounts. Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and margin dollars.
The Account Manager position is critical in managing accounts through direct and/or dealer relationships. The Account Manager must build and maintain customer relationships while driving sales growth; must identify and drive sales opportunities through all LMS applications (excluding Medical). This role is responsible for complete product portfolio management.
· Develop strategies designed to increase sales of Leica microscopy products in assigned territory: specifically; recommend product, pricing, advertising and sales promotion strategies
· Identify selling opportunities across product lines, including lead generation, identify customer gaps and equate to sales opportunity, and lead team selling efforts in all identified accounts
· Ensures customer satisfaction. Must be capable of working effectively with Sales Managers, PLT members, Customer Service Technicians and Representatives, Engineers, Accounting, and Manufacturing to do whatever is necessary to satisfy customers' needs.
· Conduct analysis and performance evaluation of all sales in assigned region by use of the Salesforce.com tool. The evaluation includes sales call activities, follow up on sales leads, attendance at trade shows, contacts with local governments, associations, and academic institutions, and traveling with other product specialists to improve their field sales skills and product knowledge.
· Identify customer needs and evaluate a solutions
· Bachelor’s degree required. Biology or chemistry preferred.
· 3+ years of successful selling products of a technical nature or related experience.
· Demonstrated core understanding of Microscopy / Imaging / Application preferred.
· Relationship Building; Interpersonal and Communication Skills
· Knowledge of specific areas of work (Commercial, Government, University, etc.) preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
A competitive salary plus relocation assistance.
A wide range of training opportunities (including virtual) in languages
technology, and the Danaher Business System (DBS) Academy.
A highly motivated, collaborative team that aims to win.
Flexible work arrangement.
At Leica Microsystems we believe in designing a better, more sustainable workforce. We recognize the benefits of flexible, remote working arrangements for eligible roles and are committed to providing enriching careers, no matter the work arrangement. This position is eligible for a remote work arrangement in which you can work remotely from your home. Additional information about this remote work arrangement will be provided by your interview team. Explore the flexibility and challenge that working for Leica Microsystems can provide.
GET MORE INSIGHT
Learn more about what we do and who we are by watching our company video “We Are Leica”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zHmalqMXN4
Are you interested to discover new opportunities in an innovative, team-oriented environment?
Do apply online - we are looking forward to your application!
The salary range for this role is $80,000-$85,000. This is the range that we, in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future.
This job is also eligible for a Sales Incentive pay.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System (https://www.danaher.com/how-we-work/danaher-business-system) tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.The EEO posters are available here (https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters) .We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation. If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.