Danaher Corporation Clinical Applications Specialist - West Region in Los Angeles, California
Danaher Company Description
At Mammotome, we are committed to providing best-in-class technology to help clinicians accurately diagnose breast cancer. We provide clinicians devices spanning the breast cancer diagnostic care continuum from tissue biopsy to accurate lesion removal, never forgetting that at the heart of each breast cancer diagnosis is the patient. Through our ever-expanding product portfolio we strive every day to improve the patient’s journey and achieve better outcomes. Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, the Mammotome brand is sold in over 50 different countries throughout the world.
Utilize your Clinical experience to train people on our Breast Biopsy equipment! The Clinical Applications Specialist provides customer support and training for minimally invasive breast biopsy procedures to maximize sales and market expansion in the US marketplace. Conducts in-facility training at customer sites, medical conferences and at Mammotome’s education facility. Other responsibilities include assisting with sales representatives’ clinical development through corporate training events. Creating and delivering clinical and technical resources for customer education and FSO development. Responsibilities * Coordinates and conducts customer support and training activities in the stereotactic, ultrasound and MRI environments. * Coordinates training schedule with Department Director, Sales Representatives and Customer Installation Personnel. * Provides product training live and virtual to maximize product utilization, upgrade opportunities, growth and adoption. * Assesses customer skill and targets training protocols to customer needs. * Supports customer training for new product launches. * Integrates customer’s product knowledge with breast imaging modality. * Interfaces closely with physicians and technologists to increase procedural knowledge and product satisfaction. * Supports customer facility accreditation efforts through professional knowledge of accreditation requirements. * Monitors product performance during conditional evaluations. * Provides accredited professional educational events. * Provides Company approved reimbursement information to customers. * Demonstrates products to potential customers. * Utilizes company resources and technology to maximize productivity and connection. * Identifies additional sales opportunities for the customer and communicates appropriate information to assigned Sales Representatives. * Prepares and participates in seminars, workshops, and convention exhibit activities to include other Sales and Marketing support activities as required. * Trains New Sales Representatives in clinical/procedural knowledge during sales training programs. * Develops and launch clinical and technical resources for the FSO and customers. * Maintains all applicable licenses and certifications. * Provides unique solutions to clinical customers to ensure effective and efficient product use. * Responsible for emergency customer service calls from the FSO and customers. * Maintains activity log and Outlook calendar.
Critical success factors
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to gain followership and get results
- Excellent facilitation skills. Ability to hold individuals attention, create excitement and hold all team members responsible for outcomes.
- Positive attitude and ability to work closely with entire leadership team to inspire change, continuous improvement, and engagement throughout the organization
- The capacity to plan, organize, & complete projects on time. Excellent project management skills and ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and deadlines
- Ability to lead teams and motivate change in a matrix organization
- Individual who is highly proactive at solving problems and obtaining results.
- True love of continuous improvement, measuring results and problem solving.
- We need a teammate who can work well across a global organization
- Willingness to learn the complexities of working in a Diagnostic industry where compliance to regulation is a must.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Mammographer or Breast Ultrasound Technologist, with extensive experience in vacuum assisted, minimally invasive, biopsy procedures required.
- First-hand knowledge of Company products preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of Breast MRI environment with MRI guided biopsy experience preferred, but not required.
- Certification in Radiologic Technology required.
- Frequent travel time in car to customer base.
- Requires air travel on routine basis.
- Requires occasional work on weekends.
Physical demands & working environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, stand, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, bend, talk and hear. * The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. * Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision * This position will require heavy travel by car and flying in and out of airports with possible long wait times.
- Primarily home office and field based (i.e. OR, hospital, doctor’s office, etc.) – variable time spent standing during procedures.
- Requires time spent in home office for administrative duties and projects – office deskwork requiring sitting, walking, using phone and computer.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team. Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Job Function: Science
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Los Angeles
Req ID: MAM000760