Danaher Corporation Area Manager in Loveland, Colorado
Danaher Company Description
Hach is a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
OUR MISSION: Ensure water quality for people around the world.
OUR VISION: We make water analysis better – faster, simpler, greener and more informative – via unsurpassed customer partnerships, the most knowledgeable experts, and reliable, easy-to-use products.
WATER QUALITY GROUP
Danaher`s Water Quality Business is a global leader in water quality analysis and treatment, providing instrumentation and disinfection systems to help analyze and manage the quality of ultra-pure water, portable water, wastewater, groundwater and ocean water in residential, commercial, industrial, and natural resource applications. Our water quality business provides products under a variety of brands, including HACH, ChemTreat, and Trojan Technologies.
Provide leadership, direction and hands on involvement for areas of responsibility. Plan/Execute daily activities to ensure internal/external customer demands are met.
Drive continuous improvement of SQDIP in area of responsibility through the use of DBS Tools. Develop a DBS culture and team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily supervision of staff to ensure internal and external customer demands are met.
- Manage projects and set direction for areas of responsibility
- Leads teams in meeting SQDIP goals through the use of the DBS Tools.
- Tracks each team’s achievement of Standard Work and ensures the team records all improvement opportunities.
- Responsible for creating and executing data-driven action plans to improve standard Work & SQDIP performance.
- Works with area planning staff to evaluate customer orders versus available labor and materials to develop a weekly and daily build/ship plan and meet on-time delivery objectives.
- Manage labor availability to complete work load and work to enhance cross-training for increased labor flexibility
- Enlists all associates in the commitment to excellence by communicating appropriate business information in a timely manner.
- Acts as liaison between associates and Operations Manager.
- Creates and executes policy deployment actions plans through all areas of responsibility by using the DBS tools, budget reports, and short and long-term company goals.
- Ensures all associates are knowledgeable of, and comply with, all work policies.
- Works with technical staff to pursue process improvement activities
- Evaluates Associates performance, development plans and merit recommendations. Coaches, trains, and counsels associates to improve performance. Works closely with HR Dept. to resolve issues resulting from unacceptable associate’s behavior. Top-grades talent as required to ensure a strong team.
- Recommends hiring and terminations, partnering with HRBP.
- Direct reports are primarily hourly associates and may include exempt staff (supervisors or technical professionals). Total supervisory responsibility up to approximately 50 associates.
OTHER NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assists in development and monitoring of area budget(s)
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 yrs leadership experience (project teams, staff supervision, etc.) with BA/BS Degree; Physical Science, Engineering or Business degree preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with both Sr. Management and Line Level Associates.
- Data and fact-based problem-solving skills
- Focus for safety, quality and customer satisfaction
- Scheduling and planning skills helpful
- Strong project and time management skills
- Solid data analysis/ and reporting skills
- Lean manufacturing experience (Kaizens, Kanban, root cause counter measures, etc.)
- Basic financial understanding
- Experience with Inventory management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is constantly required to stand/or sit. The employee frequently, uses hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects and computer keyboards. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, squat, turn/twist, reach and talk, hear, and smell.
The employee must frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 10 pounds and/or occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures and work space restrictions.
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
Employees will be required to wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which may include: eye, hearing and respiratory protection, protective smock, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields. Contact lenses may not be allowed in some areas.
The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review.
Hach is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.5B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000 percent over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
For additional company details, see www.danaher.com
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CO-Loveland
Req ID: HAC005521