Danaher Corporation Customer Support Representative I in Loveland, Colorado
Danaher Company Description
Hach is a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
OUR MISSION: Ensure water quality for people around the world.
OUR VISION: We make water analysis better – faster, simpler, greener and more informative – via unsurpassed customer partnerships, the most k nowledgeable experts, and reliable, easy-to-use products.
WATER QUALITY GROUP
Danaher`s Water Quality Business is a global leader in water quality analysis and treatment, providing instrumentation and disinfection systems to help analyze and manage the quality of ultra-pure water, portable water, wastewater, groundwater and ocean water in residential, commercial, industrial, and natural resource applications. Our water quality business provides products under a variety of brands, including HACH, ChemTreat, and Trojan Technologies.
Purpose of Position:
The primary role of this position is to provide accurate and prompt information on products and services to meet customer demands in order placement and completion. This position is also responsible for relaying information from customers so that the company can continuously improve its offerings.
- Provides prompt, accurate answers to internal and external customers through telephone, online and email communication
- Enters customer orders into the company’s order entry system
- Checks and releases various order holds as assigned for the position
- Assists with requests on pricing, shipping, product availability, terms and conditions, and item information
- Assists customers in determining product needs and provides basic assistance on products
- Enters new accounts and updates existing accounts with accurate billing, shipping, and contact information
- Acts as liaison / customer advocate interfacing with other Hach departments
- Ensures long term customer relationships by utilizing professional customer service skills
- Identifies sales opportunities and offers suggestions for complementary items to the customers
- Identifies and enters sales leads
- Completes Customer Support certifications
- Expressed aptitude for working in Environmental Science, Biology, Chemistry, or related field
- Minimum one year’ experience in customer service
- Prior contact center experience helpful
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to a fast-paced contact center environment, with strong emphasis on multi-tasking while actively listening to customers
- Basic knowledge of customer support processes (i.e., pricing, products, etc.)
- Proven ability to resolve customer complaints/problems and provide follow up to customers and supervisor
- Demonstrated experience making sound customer related decisions and responding quickly to customer needs
- Demonstrated computer proficiency. Experience with Windows, MS Office, Salesforce and Oracle preferred
- Multi-channel contact center experienced preferred
High School diploma required
Critical Competencies/Leadership Anchors:
Charts the Course
Ability to identify and utilize resources and display strong ownership skills
- Ability to accomplish multiple goals and projects delivering expected results
Ability to quickly assess new situations, prioritize critical tasks, and develop objectives towards resolution
Builds, People, teams & Organizations
Engaged in daily work and takes initiative to practice and apply new skills to continuously improve performance. Leverages strengths of other associates
Drive innovation & Growth
Is committed to excellence and understands how daily work impacts the customer
Dedicated to exceeding the expectations of both internal and external customers
Environment: Office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is constantly required to sit. The employee may occasionally squat, turn/twist, or reach. The employee is constantly using hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell.
The employee must occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment consists of an indoor, work or home office environment with good ventilation, adequate lighting, and low noise levels.
/ The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. /
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review.
Hach is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CO-Loveland
Req ID: HAC005733