Danaher Corporation Director DBS in Loveland, Colorado
Danaher Company Description
Hachis a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
OUR MISSION:Ensure water quality for people around the world.
OUR VISION:We make water analysis better – faster, simpler, greener and more informative – via unsurpassed customer partnerships, the most knowledgeable experts, and reliable, easy-to-use products.
WATER QUALITY GROUP
Danaher`s Water Quality Business is a global leader in water quality analysis and treatment, providing instrumentation and disinfection systems to help analyze and manage the quality of ultra-pure water, portable water, wastewater, groundwater and ocean water in residential, commercial, industrial, and natural resource applications. Our water quality business provides products under a variety of brands, including HACH, ChemTreat, and Trojan Technologies.
The Director DBS position is responsible for promoting and facilitating the successful implementation of the Danaher Business System (DBS) across Hach globally. The focus of the Director DBS will be to enable Hach leaders to meet their Core Value Driver Goals, Policy Deployment (PD) and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) targets. The Director DBS will drive DBS Sustainability both broadly across Hach and in a targeted fashion related to strategic priorities. This position is responsible for assessing Hach’s DBS capabilities and capacity, align on a DBS roadmap for tool deployment, and create and sustain a DBSL talent funnel.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities
- Partner with L1 leaders to promote and facilitate implementation and execution of the DBS culture and tools within the organization.
- Partner with functions by applying DBS fundamentals, growth and Kaizen principles to drive sustained growth and create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Directly provide formal and informal DBS training and coaching to leaders across the regions.
- Assist in achieving Strategic Plan objectives, Policy Deployment and KPI metrics.
- Continue to evolve DBS tools in partnership with the DBSO
- Act as facilitator and partner in the diagnosis of work flow impediments and other wastes throughout the business, and provide expert counsel on appropriate tools to eliminate them
- Improve DBS training and facilitation skills by pursuing certification in the required DBS tools
- Promote and facilitate associate development in various DBS tools and kaizen leadership, with focus on growth.
- Benchmark and incorporate best practices throughout Hach, Water Quality and Danaher.
- Own the implementation of the DBS culture in newly acquired companies.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities
- 7 years of Marketing or Sales Leadership experience
- BS or BA Degree in Engineering, Marketing or Business; Master’s Degree preferred
- 10 years of experience in Commercial, Sales positions
- 5 years of experience supporting and driving strategic planning and growth initiatives
- 5 years at Danaher with a passion for DBS and experience in applying DBS principles to product development
- Independent, self-starter – able to set agenda and drive progress with little direction
- Effective communicator and ability to implement dynamic, participant-centered training with strong group facilitation skills to drive outcomes
- Comfort with Business/Strategic Acumen and Technical Acumen
- Ability to lead across organizations, geographies & teams through work direction and influence – to strategically partner with all levels of the organization, including leadership teams, Commercial leaders, Business Unit Leadership, project managers and practitioners in order to deliver high quality results.
- Strong Executive Presence: Ability to present highly complex, technical, or difficult messages clearly and persuasively at all levels of the organization.
- DBS Zealot: Proven ability to apply DBS process to commercial activities and teams to drive results
- Experience influencing others and developing capabilities in others/teams (teaching and training). Must always be mindful of driving associate engagement at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to travel 25% - 50% of time including internationally.
Key Internal Relationships
- OpCo Leadership team
- Functional Managers
- Kaizen Facilitators, DBSLs, DBS Tool Practitioners
- Corporate DBS Office
- Site Leadership team as appropriate
- Training Managers
- HR Leaders
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is constantly required to sit. The employee may occasionally squat, turn/twist, or reach. The employee is constantly using hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell.
The employee must occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment consists of an indoor, work or home office environment with good ventilation, adequate lighting, and low noise levels.
The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review.
Hach is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaheris a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Continuous Process Improvement (DBS)
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CO-Loveland
Req ID: HAC006219