Danaher Corporation Field Sales Support II in Loveland, Colorado
Danaher Company Description
OTT Hydromet Group is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OTT Hydromet, a member of Hach Company, helps water resource professionals generate reliable data throughout the entire water cycle. We go beyond simply providing solutions by partnering with our customers in designing effective answers to the challenges they encounter in their vital role of monitoring the world’s water.
Proudly formed from six separate companies (OTT, Hydrolab, ADCON Telemetry, Sutron, Kipp & Zonen and Lufft), OTT Hydromet offers the combined strength and expertise of leaders in the water quality, quantity and telemetry fields and over 140 years of experience in environmental measurement. OTT Hydromet, as part of the Environmental and Applied Sciences segment, is a proud Danaher company.
POSITION SUMMARY :
The primary role of this position is to provide quality service and support to field and inside sales to increase company profits and gain market share. Field Sales Support is the primary point of contact for their assigned sales associates. Field Sales Support completes assignments accepted from the field, including generation of quotes, turning quotes to orders, database updates, product information, assisting in routing technical problems and provides assistance to customers as needed.
* Support Sales Team
* Complete phone, email and voicemail quote requests, and send them to the customer and/or territory manager
* Help coordinate demo equipment & trade show orders with the service team
* Prepare & obtain bid documents including all corporate documentation needed to satisfy project requirements.
* Assist with requests on pricing, shipping, availability questions, terms and stock information. * Enter customer feedback into database(s). * Review all terms and conditions requirements and negotiate with various Hach/OTT HydroMet internal departments to determine solution to satisfy customers’ business requirements.
* Coordinate/consult with legal department to ensure Hach’s/OTT HydroMet’s protection from unnecessary and/or costly contract obligations. * Handle incoming calls from external and internal customers (Customer Service, Inside Sales, Tech Support, Bid Specialist, Credit, etc.). * Assist in resolving customer complaints and problems * Run sales queries (data mining) for field sales associates. * Other duties as assigned
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES AND LEADERSHIP ANCHORS:
- Teamwork : Works cooperatively and productively with others to achieve results
- Communication : Clearly organizes and expresses information and ideas to meet the needs of the organization in an appropriate fashion
- Technical Skills : Understands and uses the appropriate equipment and / or technology to achieve the desired outcomes safely, efficiently, and effectively
- Results Orientation : The tendency to keep the desired end result of one’s own or one’s unit’s work clearly in mind, by setting goals and focusing on them until they are achieved
- Attention to Detail : A concern for ensuring that work and information are complete and accurate, by preparing carefully for meetings and presentations, and following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled
- Customer Service : Effectively performs actions and provides assistance that focus on the needs of the customer and / or co-workers; develops and sustains productive customer relationships
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills : The ability to seek information from a variety of sources and in a variety of ways, to clarify situations and to facilitate effective planning, decision-making, and problem solving.
- Interpersonal Awareness : The ability to notice, interpret, and anticipate others’ concerns and feelings, and to communicate this awareness empathetically to others.
- Self-Management : Performs independently with minimal oversight to achieve organizational and institutional goals while conducting all aspects of the job in accordance with prescribed regulations and guidelines; employs a sense of honesty and truthfulness regarding the motivations for one’s actions (ethics & integrity)
- Professional and Technical Knowledge : Understanding and utilizing policies, procedures, technology, regulations, stakeholder interests, as well as economic, financial, and industry data to accurately diagnose and identify key issues, when developing strategies and plans
- Organizational Knowledge : An understanding of OTT’s mission, various stakeholder groups, and organizational structure.
- High School diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3 years customer service experience.
- SalesForce.com experience a plus
- Oracle experience a plus
- Advanced order entry knowledge and customer support
- Advanced knowledge of customer support processes (i.e., pricing, products, returns, etc.).
- Ability to resolve customer complaints/problems and provide follow up to customers and Manager.
- Must have the ability to make sound customer related decisions and respond quickly to the needs of the customer.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Contract review experience a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionall y required to reach with hands and arms.
The employee is constantly required to sit. The employee may occasionally squat, turn/twist, or reach. The employee is constantly using hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell.
The employee must occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds .
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment consists of an indoor, work or home office environment with good
ventilation, adequate lighting, and low noise levels.
/ The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. // The purpose of this description is to assist in ADA compliance and is not intended for other purposes such as collective bargaining, or compensation. /
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CO-Loveland
Req ID: OTT000059