Danaher Corporation Machinist II in Loveland, Colorado
Responsible for manufacturing quality product according to the work order or other build signal while adhering to defined work instructions. General duties include setup, operation, and adjustment of CNC and manual machine tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for producing quality products per the build schedule
o Gather materials and set up CNC or manual equipment.
o Maintain quality of products produced according to department standards and visual or dimensional specifications.
o Meet productivity standards.
o Record and maintain quality or traceability information.
o Record and maintain Cell Boards and other visual management tools
o Comply with company safety policies including safe operation of equipment, PPE usage, hand tool safety, lock-out-tag-out, and proper storage of tools, etc. Comply with good housekeeping policies.
o Maintain equipment according to work instructions or preventive maintenance tasks; some trouble-shooting of equipment.
o Suggest improvements and support kaizen and DBS activities.
· May operate several production machines or operations simultaneously
· Report complicated equipment malfunctions to mechanics.
· May be responsible for handling of and accurate disposal of chemical and non-chemical waste, some of which is hazardous and regulated.
· Participate in team meetings, which includes planning daily work and resource utilization, problem solving, project work, etc.
· Maintain visual management of part and raw material storage; clean and organized work area.
· Work with Planner and Manager to prioritize workload and equipment schedule to meet both internal and external demand.
· Assist in design, implementation and problem solving of new equipment and products.
· May be required to cross-train on other equipment or other areas as needed
· Work with manager to suggest and initiate changes to process, machines, or procedures that improve safety, quality, delivery, or productivity.
OTHER NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
· May assist in interviewing and training of new associates.
· Interface with other departments as needed
· Other duties throughout the facility as assigned
· HS diploma/GED or equivalent required
· Must demonstrate mastery in setup and operation of complicated workpieces on at least 1 machine tool type
· 2 years machine shop experience preferred
· Possess manual dexterity and good coordination
· Possess basic reading, writing, and math skills
· Possess proven mechanical ability or aptitude
· Possess ability to resolve minor problems, recognize normal and unusual situations
· Some areas will require the ability to work with manual and/or power equipment.
· Must have good oral and written communication skills.
· Possess working knowledge of manufacturing processes helpful
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is constantly required to, stand/or sit, squat, turn/twist, reach, use hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to hear, walk, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, and smell.
The employee must frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds and/or occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures and work space restrictions.
The noise level in the work environment is frequently loud.
Employees will be required to wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which may include: eye, hearing and respiratory protection, protective smock, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields. Contact lenses may not be allowed in some areas.
The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review.
The hourly rate or salary range for this role is $14.40-$19.50. This is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado.
This range may be modified in the future.
This job is also eligible for bonus pay.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
You can apply for this role through the Careers Page at https://jobs.danaher.com/global/en/ (or through the Workday “Find Jobs” function if you are a current employee)
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) .