Danaher Corporation Material Handler II in Loveland, Colorado
The primary role of this position is to receive stock, verify and transact materials to ensure timely and accurate flow of materials into the facility. This position is also intended to assist Material Handler II with material presentation and transactions as needed.
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 6:00am -2:30pm. Overtime may be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performs cycle count duties for assigned inventory items
· Processes customer returns.
· Issues, addresses and responds to material non-conformance/GCS’s as required.
· Communicates with Buyer(s) if materials arrive in suspect condition. Must use good judgment to determine if materials should be refused due to damage.
· Works in conjunction with Material Handler associates to properly and safely place materials.
· Serves as a back-up for buyers/planners as needed. (Receiving exempt)
· Prepares customer replacement parts and repack parts.
· Prepares materials and delivers materials to designated locations through the use of manual or powered equipment.
· Receives/transacts all raw materials, parts, and/or finished goods. Verifies versus pack lists/truck bills and/or work orders for accuracy.
· Enters appropriate information into Lot Tracking System (LOTS) to maintain quality records and traceability
· Performs Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP) transactions as directed by planner/manager.
· Inspects material for conformance to standards. Inspects for visible damage to materials.
· Displays received materials in such a fashion that control and placement of materials by others can be done efficiently and safely.
· Reconciles inventory discrepancies. Will work with Inventory Control to correct inventory discrepancies.
· Prepares periodic inventory accuracy reports as required.
· Keeps work area neat and orderly.
· Completes daily reports, audits and cell boards.
· Works with Planner/manager to ensure proper order management and planning to meet quality and On-Time Delivery.
· Executes Kan-Ban and DMP processes in work cell.
· Responsible for Material presentation, Kan-Ban management, and 5S.
· May be required to review all part shortages in the cell, place on expedite if needed, and turn in hot ticket to receiving the day the part is due.
· May be required to gather P/N label requirements from each cell, produce labels, and return to the cell.
OTHER NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
· Other duties throughout the facility as assigned
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Inventory Management experience preferred (i.e., inventory transactions, cycle counting, & material handling).
· 2-4 years material handling or equivalent experience required
· Must have basic math skills
· Computer and keyboard experience required.
· Must be able to work with a high degree of accuracy for counting parts, inspecting parts and solving inventory problems.
· Must be able to work with frequent interruptions.
· Must have strong understanding of ERP and transactional processes
· Must have a good working knowledge of KanBan and DMP processes.
· Requires associate to pass fork truck driving test
· Ability to maintain good driving record.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is constantly required to stand/or sit( select locations, see below), squat, turn/twist, reach, use hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls. The employee is frequently required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell. The Loveland facility requires continuous standing for duration of the shift.
The employee must frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds and/or occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Must safely operate material handling equipment (ie: fork lifts and fork trucks).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures and work space restrictions.
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
Employees will be required to wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which may include: eye, hearing and respiratory protection, protective smock, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields. Contact lenses may not be allowed in some areas.
The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review.
The hourly rate or salary range for this role is $14.09-$18.65. This is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado.
This range may be modified in the future.
This job is also eligible for bonus pay.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
You can apply for this role through the Careers Page at https://jobs.danaher.com/global/en/ (or through the Workday “Find Jobs” function if you are a current employee)
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) .