Danaher Corporation Technical Advisor I in Loveland, Colorado
Danaher Company Description
Hach is a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
OUR MISSION: Ensure water quality for people around the world.
OUR VISION: We make water analysis better – faster, simpler, greener and more informative – via unsurpassed customer partnerships, the most k nowledgeable experts, and reliable, easy-to-use products.
WATER QUALITY GROUP
Danaher`s Water Quality Business is a global leader in water quality analysis and treatment, providing instrumentation and disinfection systems to help analyze and manage the quality of ultra-pure water, portable water, wastewater, groundwater and ocean water in residential, commercial, industrial, and natural resource applications. Our water quality business provides products under a variety of brands, including HACH, ChemTreat, and Trojan Technologies.
The Primary role of a Technical Advisor I (TA I) is to provide world-class service and support to all Internal and External customers via the inbound call center. TA I candidates will be successful through mentoring and leadership within the department, and by having an advanced understanding of Oracle, products, communications and applications, soft skills, vertical markets and sales lead identification.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet or exceed department metrics at the individual level
- Identify and manage customer escalations and utilize cross-functional relationships to negotiate ‘win-win’ solutions
- Handle all level of incoming technical and customer support questions from internal and external customers providing prompt, accurate answers
- Provide efficient, technical trouble shooting support for online Hach systems and related Hach software
- Understanding of PLC and other data collection software/systems a plus
- Understanding of cellular, LAN and wireless communications a plus
- Fluent on all of technical support business systems and procedures
- Responsible for contributing development of Technical Support Knowledge Base
- Relay pertinent product information from customers to company so the company can continue to improve its products and services
- Act as a liaison between Technical Support and all cross-functional departments to relay Voice of Customer, (VOC), and drive continuous improvement
- Identify sales opportunities, and understanding the industries, vertical markets and products and submitting leads to drive appropriate up-sell and cross-sell opportunities to the customer
- Provide marketing literature and specification sheets to customers, and keep up-to-date knowledge of the industry as well as the competitive posture of the company
- Establish a long-term customer relationship with thorough follow-up and contact
- Thorough understanding of customers business requirements and position Hach’s solutions to real business needs
- Possess the ability and the daily discipline necessary to focus on key functions and activities
- Provide mentorship and exhibit ‘role model’ behaviors for TCS and CSRs where appropriate
- May provide back up support and administration for managers and supervisors.
Other duties as assigned
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES / LEADERSHIP ANCHORS:
Charts the Course
Ability to identify and utilize resources and display strong ownership skills
Ability to accomplish multiple goals and projects delivering expected results
Builds, People, teams & Organizations
Engaged in daily work and takes initiative to practice and apply new skills to continuously improve performance
- Leads, energizes and engages individuals to achieve personal development and business goals
Promotes collaboration within and across the business and facilitates resolution of conflicts quickly and effectively
Drive innovation & Growth
Dedicated to exceeding the expectations of both internal and external customers
Demonstrates the ability to generate new ideas and improvement opportunities through customer feedback, VOC
Leads through DBS
Is aware of and appropriately uses the DBS tools
- Associate of Applied Science degree in a technical field or equivalent experience. Bachelor of Science degree preferred.
- Preferred aptitude for working in mechanical and electrical principles, Environment Sciences or equivalent required
- Experience in one or more of Hach’s key markets (drinking water, wastewater, and industrial) preferred
- One to two years’ experience in customer service, technical support, field service, and/or previous Supervisor experience required
- Prior call center experience helpful
- Knowledge in order management, customer support and technical support processes
- Must have the ability to make sound customer related decisions and respond quickly to customer needs
- Demonstrated computer proficiency. Experience with MS Office, Salesforce and Oracle preferred
Ability to adapting to changes in expectations, metrics, and environment as business needs demand
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is constantly required to sit. The employee may occasionally squat, turn/twist, or reach. The employee is constantly using hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell.
The employee must occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment consists of an indoor, work or home office environment with good ventilation, adequate lighting, and low noise levels.
/ The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. /
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review.
Hach is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.5B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000 percent over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
For additional company details, see www.danaher.com
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CO-Loveland
Req ID: HAC005392