Danaher Corporation Technical Advisor II in Loveland, Colorado
Danaher Company Description
OTT Hydromet Group is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OTT Hydromet, a member of Hach Company, helps water resource professionals generate reliable data throughout the entire water cycle. We go beyond simply providing solutions by partnering with our customers in designing effective answers to the challenges they encounter in their vital role of monitoring the world’s water.
Proudly formed from six separate companies (OTT, Hydrolab, ADCON Telemetry, Sutron, Kipp & Zonen and Lufft), OTT Hydromet offers the combined strength and expertise of leaders in the water quality, quantity and telemetry fields and over 140 years of experience in environmental measurement. OTT Hydromet, as part of the Environmental and Applied Sciences segment, is a proud Danaher company.
The primary role of this position is to provide technical support to internal and external customers on Ott Hydromet products. Technical Advisor II provides prompt, accurate, technical information and troubleshooting on products as requested by customer through phone, email, chat, and Internet support. Other responsibilities include periodic field service task, integration of new technologies, and management of highly visible customer support issues. The secondary role of this position is to provide high level of support to OTT Hydromet training programs for internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide efficient, effective technical troubleshooting support on products.
- Support and mentor other team members using technical expertise and understanding of Hach processes and procedures.
- Deliver technical training to individuals or groups.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Hach customers, markets, and distribution channels.
- Develop and assess technical documents and knowledge base information.
- Functional understanding of all Hach customer resource management systems and processes required to perform daily work.
- Relay pertinent product information from customers to the company so the company can continue to improve its products and services.
- Participate in cross-functional meetings as the subject matter expert
- Demonstrate ownership of customer escalations and creation of resolution.
- Utilize active listening skills to identify and document potential sales opportunities.
- Document customer feedback.
- May require high utilization of company ERP & other customer information management systems.
- Dependent on BU, provide training, technical & application support to Regional Sales Managers as required
- Dependent on BU, prepare quotes & proposals as required
- Provide expertise to Product Management and/or R&D to drive continuous improvement
- May require occasional travel to customer site
- Use established ISO work instructions to provide repair, calibration, certification and preventative maintenance services for all OTT Hydromet brands equipment.
- Determine the amount to bill customer within a framework of charges using computerized service systems.
- Accurate inventory management.
- Provide technical assistance as needed to customers, Marketing, Service Tech I, Operations, Inside Sales, R&D and technician advisors.
- Provide properly written detailed notes on service performed
- Manage daily SQDIP functions
Other duties as assigned.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITEIS:
- Proficient management and coordination of assigned training programs.
- Provide technical training on OTT Hydromet products and applications to internal and external customers.
- Proficient in the development of new curriculum.
- Coordinates all aspects of training program to which they are assigned. This includes all pre and post-training preparation, administration, and instruction.
- Play a major role in the design and completion of off-site training programs and customized technical support activities that generate revenue for the company.
- Recruit class attendees via phone, site visits, trade shows, and developing web content.
- Develop and maintain curricula, training modules, visual aids, and support materials for customer workshops (on or offsite).
- Document customer feedback via the Customer Says tool.
- Provide customer one-on-one product training as assigned.
- Domestic travel with potential for international travel as needed
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES / LEADERSHIP ANCHORS:
- Results Orientation: The ability to focus on the desired result of one's own or one's unit's work, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
- Establishing Focus: The ability to develop and communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
- Fostering Teamwork : As a team member, the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team; as a team leader, the ability to demonstrate interest, skill, and success in getting groups to learn to work together.
- Managing Change: The ability to demonstrate support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the organization's effectiveness; initiating, sponsoring, and implementing organizational change; helping others to successfully manage organizational change
- Written Communication: The ability to express oneself clearly in business writing
- Building Collaborative Relationships: The ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Customer Orientation: The ability to demonstrate concern for satisfying one's external and/or internal customers
Initiative: Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Background, and Requirements):
BA or BS degree in Chemistry, Biology, Engineering, Environmental Science or equivalent preferred.
- Dependent on BU, specialized knowledge or experience in the industry (i.e. - water quality market, etc.)
- Demonstrated high proficiency of all Tech Advisor I requirements
- Experience in field service or other technical support areas preferred.
- 2 - 4 years’ experience in one or more of the following areas: customer support, technical support or field service demonstrating a high proficiency in product applications and instrument knowledge or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to effectively assess and trouble shoot technical problems.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, graphics, etc.)
- Proven customer interaction skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work.
- Ability to work safely around electrical and mechanical hazards.
- Willingness to work with products returned from industrial and wastewater sites (protective inoculations available).
- Availability for travel as required (5-10% of time)
Second language a plus (Spanish)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionall y required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is constantly required to sit. The employee may occasionally squat, turn/twist, or reach. The employee is constantly using hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell.
The employee may occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 75 pounds .
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment may consist of an indoor, work or home office environment with good ventilation, adequate lighting and low noise levels and/or subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures and work space restrictions while working.
Employees may be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while working which may include: eye and hearing protection, protective smock, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields.
/ The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. // The purpose of this description is to assist in ADA compliance and is not intended for other purposes such as collective bargaining, or compensation. /
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review.
OTT Hydromet is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CO-Loveland
Req ID: OTT000042