Danaher Corporation Technical Support, Specialist I in Loveland, Colorado
Danaher Company Description
Hach is a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
OUR MISSION: Ensure water quality for people around the world.
OUR VISION: We make water analysis better – faster, simpler, greener and more informative – via unsurpassed customer partnerships, the most k nowledgeable experts, and reliable, easy-to-use products.
WATER QUALITY GROUP
Danaher`s Water Quality Business is a global leader in water quality analysis and treatment, providing instrumentation and disinfection systems to help analyze and manage the quality of ultra-pure water, portable water, wastewater, groundwater and ocean water in residential, commercial, industrial, and natural resource applications. Our water quality business provides products under a variety of brands, including HACH, ChemTreat, and Trojan Technologies.
Purpose of Position:
The primary role of this position is to support customers via telephone, online chat and email with order entry, pre-sale specifications, and post-sale technical assistance. Must ensure the customer’s needs are met timely and accurately to satisfy and retain customers which ultimately leads to increased opportunistic sales and sales leads. The TSS associate must also help exceed the customers’ expectations by relaying information from associates and customers to the company so the company can continue to improve its sales through Voice of Customer (VOC).
- Acts as liaison / customer advocate interfacing with other Hach departments
- Ensures long term customer relationships by utilizing professional and pleasant customer service skills
- Provides prompt, accurate answers to technical questions and processes order entry requests from customers through telephone, online and email
- Enters customer orders into the company’s order entry database
- Checks and releases various order holds as assigned for the position
- Assists with requests on pricing, shipping, product availability, terms and conditions and item information
- Serves as a backup to Technical Support overflow
- Develops understanding of Hach Lab instrumentation and applications
- Resolves technical issues from customers and provides prompt, accurate answers to pre-sale and post-sales questions
- Identifies sales opportunities, and understands the industries, vertical markets, and products and offers suggestions for complementary items to the customers
- Identifies and enters sales leads
- Understands Hach commercial policies
- Maintains knowledge of Hach customers, markets, and distribution channels
- Completes Level I Technical Support Specialist certification program
Completes Customer Support certifications
Critical Competencies/Leadership Anchors:
Charts the Course –
Ability to identify and utilize resources and display strong ownership skills
- Ability to accomplish multiple goals and projects delivering expected results
Ability to quickly assess new situations, prioritize critical tasks, and develop objectives towards resolution
Builds, People, teams & Organizations –
Engaged in daily work and takes initiative to practice and apply new skills to continuously improve performance. Leverages strengths of other associates
Drive innovation & Growth-
Is committed to excellence and understands how daily work impacts the customer
- Dedicated to exceeding the expectations of both internal and external customers
- Demonstrates the ability to generate new ideas and improvement opportunities through customer feedback, VOC
- AA or AS degree required
- Preferred background in Analytical Chemistry, Biology, Environment Sciences or equivalent relevant work experience
- Experience in one or more of Hach’s key markets (drinking water, wastewater, and industrial) preferred
- Minimum one year experience in technical support or field service preferred
- Prior contact center experience helpful
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to a fast-paced contact center environment, with strong emphasis on multi-tasking while actively listening to customers
- Proven ability to make sound customer related decisions and respond quickly to customer needs
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with MS Office, Salesforce and Oracle preferred
- Cisco, Upstream and Windows 7 OS software experience preferred
Proven ability to adapt to changes in expectations, metrics, and environment as business needs demand
Environment: Office environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is constantly required to sit. The employee may occasionally squat, turn/twist, or reach. The employee is constantly using hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell.
The employee must occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment consists of an indoor, work or home office environment with good ventilation, adequate lighting, and low noise levels.
/ The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. The purpose of this description is to assist in ADA compliance and is not intended for other purposes such as collective bargaining, or compensation. /
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review.
Hach is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.5B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000 percent over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
For additional company details, see www.danaher.com
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CO-Loveland
Req ID: HAC005238