Danaher Corporation Web Software Engineer II - Diagnostic Systems in Loveland, Colorado
Danaher Company Description
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care. Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see. If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or atwww.beckmancoulter.com. Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Beckman Coulter’s Particle Counting and Characterization business is growing and needs intelligent, hardworking skilled software engineers to work as part of our team to develop and deliver new products. You will apply modern development methodologies and new software technologies to create world class products. Work with cross-functional project teams to develop new products and sustain existing product lines.
- Perform Software development work in a collaborative team environment to deliver products that change the world.
- Use user-centered design to deliver products that delight our customers.
- Work closely with more experienced software staff to design new software components.
- Cultivate innovation.
- Challenge status quo whilst supporting a world class product development life cycle.
- Mentor and be mentored by your team members in development techniques and technologies.
- Participate in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing, and certification of software. Understand and apply automated test strategies to the entire development life cycle.
- Gain experience with a broad range of software technologies and the ability to make technical choices objectively.
- Participate in global development efforts.
- Build relationships with peers across the business and uses these relationships to drive innovation.
- Actively track developments in the software community and incorporate them where appropriate.
- Provide input to the organization for strategic planning and technology.
- Become savvy in new technologies by taking courses, learning from peers, or self-driven education
* BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field * Familiarity with developing production software for desktop computing or embedded devices * Exceptional problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills * Relentless focus on optimizing time to market while increasing quality * Ability to find and share tools that optimize your work * We are agile, we inspire and embrace change, we expect that from you too
Your experience includes a good set of these crucial skills
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Ability to communicate software and system design
- Ability to work with customers to understand their needs and translate them into successful solutions
- User Experience (UX) / User Interface design and implementation
- Excellent Communication and Presentation Skills
- Modern software development methodologies including Agile and Scrum
- Experience with technologies used on: Linux OS, Windows IoT and Desktop OS
- Understanding of Localization and Internationalization
Tools we use
- Maven, Jenkins, Git, Jira, Confluence
- React.JS, Node.js, Ruby, Python, CSS, HTML5
- Windows, Linux, AWS, .Net, Mono, QT
- Machine learning
- Numerical analysis
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team. Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Life Sciences
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CO-Loveland
Req ID: BEC015004