Danaher Corporation Application Development Manager in Manchester, United Kingdom
Danaher Company Description
Hachis a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
OUR MISSION:Ensure water quality for people around the world.
OUR VISION:We make water analysis better – faster, simpler, greener and more informative – via unsurpassed customer partnerships, the most knowledgeable experts, and reliable, easy-to-use products.
WATER QUALITY GROUP
Danaher`s Water Quality Business is a global leader in water quality analysis and treatment, providing instrumentation and disinfection systems to help analyze and manage the quality of ultra-pure water, portable water, wastewater, groundwater and ocean water in residential, commercial, industrial, and natural resource applications. Our water quality business provides products under a variety of brands, including HACH, ChemTreat, and Trojan Technologies.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Theprimary roleof this position is tosupport the sales departmentsin understanding theapplications in municipal wastewater processesin the UK and Ireland. The Application Development Manager (ADM) is responsible for sharing knowledge and understanding of all applications pertaining to the use of Hach instrumentation offered from the laboratory and process business units. The ADM will accomplish this utilizing development training and solution selling implementation and Key Account mentality via site visits with the sales teams.
As part of business support, the ADM will plan and assist in customer focused webinars and workshops from the Manchester HQ as well as Lunch and Learns at customer premises.
This position is based upon working in close collaboration with the existing sales teams and their managers in UK and Ireland.
- To provide process knowledge and support to the sales teams by accompanying Sales Engineers/Consultants on customer visits
- The provision of site surveys and process appraisals to assess the suitability of any given instrument for the application in hand.
- To assist the sales team with the preparation of offers and technical proposals, including; instrument location diagrams, detailed proposal specifications and structure and price when necessary.
- To identify potential areas for new business by utilizing existing solutions and also target growth potential for process solution development.
- To engage in new product roll outs by training the sales team with regards to its usage and application as well as engaging in regular trainings with regards to wastewater treatment processes in general.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key customers by making periodic visits, exploring specific needs and resolving problems.
- To handle contractual discussions and negotiations with end users and contractors and have a working knowledge of the different forms of contract used within the municipal water companies and associated contractors in the UK.
- Engineering, chemistry, process technology degree required.
- 5 – 8 years professional experience in consultative and/or solutions selling.
- Experience in using cross selling and spin selling approaches
- Expertise in project management, sales and marketing or business development.
- Proven experience in managing service development projects, e.g. waste water treatment instrumentation service projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to analyse complicated issues and narrow down to the key points, develop action plans and bring them to a successful conclusion.
- Confident to approach all organizational levels within our customers organization
- Valid driver’s license and a good motor vehicle driving record.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively in UK and Ireland and occasionally EU.
- The work environment for this position is both office and field; the Position Holder must maintain a home-office.
- An exciting and challenging position in a growing market of water in one of the most successful global technology and science company
- Great platform for personal and professional development
- Continuous improvement with Danaher Business System (DBS)
- Product and turnover responsibility and cooperation on local, regional and global level
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaheris a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-United Kingdom-ENG-Manchester
Req ID: HAC005627