Danaher Corporation Electronics Engineer in Melbourne, Australia
Danaher Company Description
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are uniquely positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Our mission of “Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives” is at the heart of our corporate culture. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany. VisitLeicaBiosystems.com for more information.
We are looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer to join our R&D team on a full-time basis.
The role of the position is to participate in electronics engineering activities for the purpose of achieving operational and strategic business objectives.
Responsibilities of this role will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the production team with the diagnosis of manufacturing issues and help maintain and design production test jigs.
- Provide the global support team with the required assistance in the diagnosis of electronics related field issues.
- Provide the test engineer with support in the development of electronics related test scope and coverage.
- Deliver robust and high-quality electronic solutions (compliant with all applicable regulatory requirements) in a highly regulated and process-oriented work environment.
- Contribute to the establishment of and continuous improvement of electronics systems processes and procedures to support business needs and satisfy applicable regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to electronic design for excellence (DfX) efforts.
A successful candidate will possess:
- Degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent with several years of relevant experience.
- Appropriate theoretical knowledge of electronic circuit design (analog and/or digital).
- Previous exposure to and experience in a process driven, highly regulated, design, development, and manufacturing environment.
- Some level of experience in reliability engineering, signal and power integrity principles, EMC and safety (UL preferred).
- Some exposure to root cause/failure analysis and mitigation, to board level fault detection. Familiar with electronic measurement tools (oscilloscope, multimeter, etc.).
- A high degree of computer literacy, experience in creating and interpreting technical documentation.
- Exposure to electronic CAD tools (Altium preferred) for both schematic capture and lay-out design.
- Attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and direct others. Highly Desirable:
- Experience in the delivery of robust and high-quality electronic solutions that are compliant with all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Wide electronics experience, from power supplies to microcontroller-based embedded systems.
- Familiarity with IEC/UL61010-x.
- Experience in selection and utilization of various sensors and actuators.
- Involvement in FMEA, hazards and risk analysis activities.
- Task setting and scheduling (self and other team members’ activities).
- Experienced Altium user.Exposure to electronic CAD tools for circuit simulation.
- Agile practices: Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Development, DevOps transformation To Apply: Leica Biosystems is committed to attracting and retaining the most highly qualified candidates available. We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities. As a Leica Biosystems employee you will be consistently challenged to deliver your best.
If you are ready for this challenge, submit your resume for consideration. http://www.leicabiosystems.com/about/careers/
Be sure to follow Leica Biosystems on LinkedIn!
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Leica Biosystems
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-Asia Pacific Rim-Australia-Victoria-Melbourne
Req ID: ADV000915