Danaher Corporation Field Service Engineer in Memphis, Tennessee
Danaher Company Description
At Beckman Coulter, we are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory. For more than 80 years, we have been a trusted partner for laboratory professionals, helping to advance scientific research and patient care. We do challenging work on a global scale, and are invested in growing our associates’ careers. We embrace continuous improvement, and are passionate about moving science and healthcare forward.
We have a vital role at Beckman Coulter: our focus on innovation, reliability and efficiency has led us to become the partner of choice for clinical, research and industrial customers all over the world.
Beckman Coulter is a Danaher company, operating in two industries: Diagnostics and Life Sciences.
The Field Service Engineer (FSE) position is responsible for daily service support of existing customer base. The engineer also supports sales growth, service growth and customer satisfaction. Field Service Engineers are responsible for repair, installation, and maintenance of Beckman Coulter equipment at customer sites.
- Customer Satisfaction in all aspects of the job. Increased throughput, decreased downtime, regular Preventive Maintenance, regular upgrades as deemed by Beckman Coulter technical staff. A clear advocate for the customer (internal and external) and a steward for the company
- Call Closure ‐Using our computerized system, a FSE is responsible for closing service calls at time of completion. This action then prompts customer invoices, relieves inventory of parts used and ultimately leads to our objective of accurate reporting.
- Drives a sense of urgency to ensure customer needs are addressed promptly and with an emphasis on a “first time fix”. Excellent follow‐up skills to insure we exceed customer expectations, and close all outstanding
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Understands customer perception and the associated business impacts, and is commercially capable of resolving customer issues in a rapid fashion
- Managing Call Escalations ‐ability to identify, own and track any issues with an account, according to call escalation procedure, to reach resolution
- Excellent sales ability measured by the attainment of revenue goal by individual and their District. This includes annual growth of Field Service Maintenance Agreements monthly base billing and the support of sales initiatives through lead generation
Financial Management & Growth:
- Excellent sales ability measured by the attainment of revenue goal by individual and their District. This includes annual growth of Field Service Maintenance Agreements monthly base billing and the support of sales initiatives through lead generation.
- Achieve annual revenue target with expected year‐over‐year growth
- Able to effectively price and position Service agreements on both existing and new equipment, considering expected costs to proactively manage profit margin
- Leads by example to develop a robust continuous improvement culture
- Assumes accountability around daily management and monthly KPI’s
- Aggressively seeks out opportunities for improvement
Sales Support: * Value Selling ‐add value to our service offerings. A FSE must have ability to manage a customer account in its entirety, and when accessing an account, determine on where we can add more value by offering other services (i.e. reagents, consumables, additional or new equipment leads, service on non‐agreement instruments, etc.). * Drive substantial new equipment lead generation from Service to aid Sales growth * Partner with sales to support current sales initiatives to drive growth * Achieve annual revenue target with expected year‐over‐year growth of 8‐10% ‐12% * Manage individual expenses with on time monthly submission of expenses, signed, with receipt by the 10th of each month * Submission of weekly time card via KRONOS by end of business day on Friday * Able to effectively price and position Service agreements on both existing and new equipment, considering expected costs to proactively manage profit margin * Leads by example to develop a robust continuous improvement culture * Assumes accountability around daily management and monthly Key Performance Indicator’s (KPI’s) * Aggressively seeks out opportunities for improvement * Acts as a primary customer of DBS and leverages internal and external DBS expertise to map improvement plans and drive sustainable improvements
- Sense of Urgency ‐ must have the drive/motivation to take action. Must be able to prioritize daily activities and determine what requires immediate attention.
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication skills ‐must be able to remain calm when dealing with difficult customers/peers and have strong communications skills both with internal associates and external customers
- Must be a true professional at all times
- Team orientated, positive attitude and motivator
- Ability to adapt ‐must be flexible and understanding with change as it occurs regularly for a FSE throughout his/her day/week
- Must be able to think quickly and respond positively to those changes
Required: Associates Degree (or higher) in Mechanical, Electrical, or biological degree or military equivalent with 1 years of experience Hold a current valid driver’s license and good driving record over last three years is required Strong Microsoft Office Skills Able to travel overnight 50 ‐75% of the time Ability to lift 50 pounds
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or biological degree or military equivalent 2 years of prior field service experience, Life Sciences, or experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and or electronics equipment. Fluid Hydraulics experience a plus Computer skills with Oracle, Sales Force, and Pro Service a plus Strong deductive reasoning and problem‐solving skills Previous experience working with vendors/contracts Commercial experience, or direct selling of products or services Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Life Sciences
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-TN-Memphis
Req ID: BEC011399