Danaher Corporation Water Treatment Technician in Memphis, Tennessee
Danaher Company Description
ChemTreat operates as a subsidiary of Danaher Corporation, one of the best performing Fortune 500 companies. Our proprietary solutions allow our customers to reduce water, chemical, and energy costs, extend asset life, improve process operations, and reduce downtime. We have expertise in a variety of industries, including automotive, beverage, chemical, food, fuel processing, metals, mining, power, pulp and paper, and textile. We also serve commercial and institutional customers, including data centers, district energy providers, universities, government buildings, and hospitals. Our company has developed a robust product portfolio for the prevention of corrosion; scale and biofouling in critical heat transfer systems and advanced polymers for industrial wastewater.
ChemTreat’s sales support opportunities are specific to water treatment and require an individual with technical knowledge within the industry. This water treatment technical representative position is focused on maintaining and expanding business base by maximizing the profitability of assigned customer accounts. Individuals are required to recommend and apply basic water treatment applications and solutions, as well as communicate program results to ChemTreat Account Managers and customers.
Qualified individuals in this role are expected to offer professional and high-quality customer and technical services at all times to customers. Further, they need to have familiarity with performing basic water testing, taking measurements, documenting results through reports, and sharing quantitative data with customers.
- Regularly perform water analysis and engage in advanced problem-solving to apply the appropriate chemical solutions and monitor effects for additional treatment
- Focus on performing required services, as dictated by contractual obligations
- Consistently calibrate pumps and perform repairs that restore chemical feeds
Monitor product feed rates and their relative impact on the water sample and make necessary adjustments to treatment program when gaps are detected
Provide technical guidance and instruction to junior technicians
- Enter results into software program and communicate results utilizing service reports
- Assist in water-related system improvement projects
- Monitor product inventories
- Utilize and maintain company equipment in good, clean condition
- Other duties as assigned by manager
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Thorough knowledge of company product portfolio and applications uses
- Limited supervision
- Organized and self-motivated
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Capability of learning operating systems
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) or equivalent skills
Educational &Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s of Science; Engineering or technical degree preferred
2-5 years of experience in water treatment, chemical or hydrocarbon industries
Moderate travel may be required dependent upon number of sites assigned
- May require long hours & varied work schedules
- The employee may be required to sit, stand and/or walk for long periods of time
- The employee may be required to drive both short and long distances, not to exceed DOT regulations
- The employee is sometimes required to maneuver drums weighing 250-800 pounds
The employee is occasionally required to lift 60 pounds
Working Conditions & Environment:
The employee is required to use ear plugs for hearing protection and all required PPE
- The employee is required to wear personal protective equipment for deliveries and occasionally in extreme heat conditions
- Site location may be at a boiler house
- Outdoor site can be located at a cooling tower, water plant, wastewater plant, or a process area
- Both Indoor and outdoor sites may have high noise levels
Collaborative working environment working; position touches all levels within the customer organization * Trust and respect for customers and ChemTreat’s field and leadership teams
Equal Opportunity Employer/ADA:
ChemTreat, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any characteristic protected by law.
This job description reflects the general nature and scope of the position. This is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-TN-Memphis
Req ID: CHE001771