Danaher Corporation Production Supervisor in Mexicali, Mexico
Danaher Company Description
Since 1960, Ormco, one of the many successful companies owned by Danaher Corporation, has been developing, manufacturing, and marketing a broad line of orthodontic appliances and related products for sale in the U.S. and abroad. Ormco provides orthodontists with brackets, wires, adhesives, and ancillary supplies used through the course of treatment.
Ormco believes the direct contact of its sales force with orthodontists facilitates the identification and verification of market trends and new product opportunities. Ormco works closely with orthodontists to improve existing products and develop new products primarily through its Champion programs in which selected orthodontists assist Ormco in designing, developing and ultimately educating users on new product and technique innovations.
We are looking for an experienced Production Supervisor to oversee our production operations. You will guarantee that manufacturing remains a smooth and efficient process by monitoring employees and organizing workflows.
In a fast-paced environment like production, the supervisor is an integral part of the manufacturing process. They must be competent and comprehend complex operations. You should also be able to optimize day-to-day activities while minimizing the costs.
The goal is to ensure that production process deliver products of maximum quality in a profitable manner.
· Supervise and coordinate production operations.
· Executes the daily production plan to due date conformance and quality standards.
· Communicate daily/weekly/monthly objectives to associates.
· Oversee and coach employees.
· Responsible of meeting standards (volume, quality, waste, time in process, deliver) acting in compliance with the company procedures and policies.
· Maintains accurate records of production and reporting the status of work.
· Check production output according to specifications.
· Train new employees on equipment operations and work procedures. Assign new employees to experienced workers for training and monitor their progress.
· Implement measures to motivate employees and increase production methods, equipment performance, product quality and efficiencies.
· Execute disciplinary action when required.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Electronic or Electro-mechanical Engineering
· Proven experience of 2 years as Production Supervisor or similar role.
· Experience in the medical industry preferred
· Knowledge of the ISO, FDA, QS standards and regulatory requirements.
· Advanced skills in MS Office
· Knowledge in Lean Manufacturing
· Project Management
· Problem-solving skills
· Personnel Management
· Organizational and leadership abilities
· Communication and interpersonal skills
· Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
· English 80%
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher's Dental Platform is a $3B global business focused on all aspects of dental care. With the intention to spin-off the Dental Platform to become its own public company in the second half of 2019, “Dental Co” will become one of the largest and most innovative dental companies in the world. We are changing the face of dentistry with our differentiated portfolio of products designed to serve every dental professional’s need. It is our mission to make our dentist's work simpler and better connected so more patients are cared for in a shorter time. Our dental brands include traditional consumables and equipment (KaVo Kerr) and specialty products (Ormco and Nobel Biocare).
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: Latin America-Latin America-Mexico-Baja California-Mexicali
Req ID: ORM001534