Danaher Corporation Clinical Sales Specialist, Ophthalmology in Miami, Florida
Danaher Company Description
Leica Microsystems is a world leader in microscopes and scientific instruments. Founded as a family business in the nineteenth century, the company’s history was marked by unparalleled innovation on its way to becoming a global enterprise. Its historically close cooperation with the scientific community is the key to Leica Microsystems’ tradition of innovation, which draws on users’ ideas and creates solutions tailored to their requirements. At the global level, Leica Microsystems is organized in three divisions, all of which are among the leaders in their respective fields: the Life Science Division, Industry Division, and Medical Division. Leica Microsystems has seven major plants and product development sites around the world. The company is represented in over 100 countries, has sales and service organizations in 20 countries, and an international network of distribution partners. Its headquarters are located in Wetzlar, Germany.
Leica Microsystems, Inc offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job.
Leica Microsystems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
What will you do?
The Clinical Sales Specialist (CSS) – Ophthalmology will provide technical sales support for all Medical products. Support will be provided to Leica’s Medical customers and to Independent Manufacturer’s Representatives (IMRs) in all facets of their selling activities. This includes, but is not limited to, visiting reps and customers in the field, target account planning, development of strategies for opportunities, conducting product demonstrations, training field reps, participating in local and national exhibitions, handling phone inquiries, solving applications problems and providing customer feedback.
How will you get there?
Participate in all activities that will enhance the awareness, acceptance, and eventually the sale of Leica products such as, but not limited to the following: Travel in the field with sales reps, which includes customer meetings, presentations, cases in the OR; attend industry meetings, conferences, local and national exhibitions; conduct product seminars.
- Customer Satisfaction: Ensure that customers are satisfied! Work with IMR teams, Sales Managers, Customer Service Product Management, R&D, Finance, and Manufacturing to attend to customers' needs.
- Product Evaluation: Perform and support product evaluations / demonstrations alongside IMR teams
- Sales Enablement: Conduct technical product training and provide sales tools to help Leica sales reps become more effective in selling products.
- Sales Strategy: Work with Leica and IMR Sales Management to develop strategies designed to increase sales of Leica products in assigned territories. Specifically, recommend product, pricing, distribution, advertising and sales promotion strategies.
- New Product Introduction: In conjunction with customers and reps, generate new product ideas and make recommendations to Product Management. Work with Sales Management, Product Management and R&D in conducting field evaluation test s to ensure the viability of new products. Support product launch initiatives at the local and national level.
- Clinical Data Generation: Work with customers or other experts to generate appropriate field data and case studies which highlight product benefits and help differentiate Leica products.
- Growth Strategies: Support the development and implementation of strategies to increase win rate and grow market share.
- Bachelors’ Degree
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Sales experience in selling products of a technical nature
- A minimum of two years related microscopy preferred
- Knowledge and experience in Ophthalmology
- In-depth knowledge of the microscopy market is highly desirable
- Valid driver’s license
- Must have valid credit card and be able to pay for reimbursable expenses.
Travel 50% -75% with overnight stays.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Leica Microsystems
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-FL-Miami
Req ID: LEI004321