Danaher Corporation Field Service Engineer in Miami, Florida
Danaher Company Description
At Beckman Coulter, we are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory. For more than 80 years, we have been a trusted partner for laboratory professionals, helping to advance scientific research and patient care. We do challenging work on a global scale, and are invested in growing our associates’ careers. We embrace continuous improvement, and are passionate about moving science and healthcare forward.
We have a vital role at Beckman Coulter: our focus on innovation, reliability and efficiency has led us to become the partner of choice for clinical, research and industrial customers all over the world.
Beckman Coulter is a Danaher company, operating in two industries: Diagnostics and Life Sciences.
Beckman Coulter Diagnostics Field Service Engineers provide outstanding customer service to clients while installing and maintaining diagnostic instrumentation and systems in hospital and stand-alone laboratory environments. The Field Service Engineer (FSE) is the face of Beckman Coulter to customers and the support they provide directly impacts patient health and overall well-being. The FSE provides frontline support by resolving customers' problems and issues through technical expertise and troubleshooting. The FSE has the opportunity to drive service revenue sales targets while ensuring strong customer contract retention rate and warranty conversion rate. The FSE uses critical thinking to resolve issues within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action to rapidly repair instrumentation. FSEs provide training to our customers and verify the operational performance and data quality of systems in order to contribute to our overall team success.
Many FSEs operate independently within their geographic territory, however Beckman Coulter offers a team based environment with opportunities to benchmark, mentor and receive expert technical support. FSEs enjoy being home-based and being provided with a company car, iPhone and laptop. The FSE will also have the opportunity to travel within the region to support customers using their technical expertise.
The Field Service Engineer in this position will:
- Under minimal supervision, serve as lead to assigned customers; complete troubleshooting, installation, validation, maintenance, and service repair needs on designated equipment. May assist and/or train less experienced Field Engineers
- Provide excellent and efficient customer service to Beckman Coulter’s customers, along with technical training on products
- Repair, maintain, and install product line(s).
- Complete on-time and accurate Preventative Maintenance and Field Modification Instruction as needed
- Travel throughout the district territory, experiencing all the various places our instrumentation is utilized
- Document and report all repairs and product failures
- Keep up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner, ordering repair parts, and managing cycle times
- Help with the development of preventative maintenance procedures
- Focus on customer needs and satisfaction, while building on and enhancing the relationship with the customer to ultimately become a perceived partner in their business
- This position has a 50 pound lifting requirement. This would be to include tools, replacement parts, consumables etc.
- Maintain a Valid driver’s license that meets Beckman Coulter’s safe driver standards
- Beckman Coulter Associates who drive Beckman Coulter vehicles must comply with the Danaher Company Vehicle Policy.
- Vendor credentialing requirements include without limitation, yearly background checks, immunizations, and various trainings.
- Comply with vendor credentialing requirements is an essential function of this position.
- Effective communication and customer service skills.
- Instill customer satisfaction that is recognizable and valuable to the customer
- Stay compliant with the company’s standard background check, including a post-offer drug test.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
Required: * Associates degree plus 1-3 years experience * Technical Associates degree or equivalent in military experience * Hold a current valid driver’s license and good driving record over last three years is required * Willing to work different shifts as business needs dictate * Ability to travel and provide service in assigned geography, as well as periodic travel to other regions or for training
Preferred: * Bachelor’s degree. * 3 years’ experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment. * Experience interfacing with internal team members and external customers.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-FL-Miami
Req ID: BEC011601