Danaher Corporation Senior Commodity Manager in Miami, Florida
Danaher Company Description
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs.
More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or atwww.beckmancoulter.com.
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Senior Commodity Manager is responsible for global sourcing of >$100m in Metallic components with a focus on quality, supply continuity, service and best total cost. The Manager leads a global, multi-site commodity team effort to manage risk, improve services, processes, reduce costs and/or leverage company assets.
- Provides insightful information on industry trends for assigned commodities that may affect quality, cost, availability and/or risk.
- Manages key and high risk suppliers to ensure continuous flow of materials and minimize company liability.
- Drives global sourcing strategy and related KPI’s to deliver best total cost of ownership to worldwide manufacturing sites.
- Independently develops and executes sourcing workshops at or across manufacturing sites
- Leads a procurement team to achieve assigned objectives.
- May act as a liaison with business units in high visibility projects.
- Reports to Sr. Manager, Corporate Strategic procurement.
- May be located Chaska or MN, Miami FL.
- Leads supplier negotiations and contract development and management with team members to obtain Quality, Delivery and Cost objectives
- Interacts with internal and external stake holders
- Builds strategic partnerships across company including site operations, procurement, quality, commercial operations, and Danaher Corporate Procurement. Leverages effective working relationships to improve YOY performance objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in field with 14 years experience OR Master’s degree in field with 12 years experience OR Doctoral degree in field with 9 years experience
- Minimum 3 years' experience in international manufacturing/supply chain sourcing from Asia or similar low cost region
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Previous experience working with suppliers in various metals
- Intermediate to advanced competency in MS Excel, Powerpoint, and Word
- Ability to interact and influence at all levels of organization
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 40%
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions.
Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Supply Chain & Logistics
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-FL-Miami
Req ID: BEC012375