Danaher Corporation Senior Software Engineer - Scientific Instrument in Miami, Florida
Danaher Company Description
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care. Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see. If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or atwww.beckmancoulter.com. Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in leading-edge technology? Do you like Research and Development (R&D)? Do you want to be empowered to influence the technology choices used to develop innovative devices that include complex robotic automation and fluidics for use in medical research? If “Helping Others Realize Life's Potential” is important to you, then working here in R&D is the place for you. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work with a team of engineers to develop new medical devices which help humanity through revolutionary medical device breakthroughs.
- Design, develop and deliver innovative client and server applications using object oriented principles including analysis, design, programming, and unit testing
- Work with cross-functional teams including Systems Engineering, Regulatory, Verification, Quality, Program Management, Field Services, etc.
- Work with internal and external teams in the development of applications using Agile methodology/SCRUM
- Conduct and participate in peer code reviews
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and enhance products
- Provide engineering troubleshooting to isolate and provide root cause of issues and implement high quality innovative solutions
- Acts as a resource for less experienced colleagues
* Bachelor's in Computer Science or related technical field and 5 years of experience, a Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field and 3 years of experience, or a Doctoral degree in Computer Science or a related technical field and 0 years of experience * Experience with the following: Key concepts in software application design, development, and integration, and testing (structured code, unit testing, peer reviews, etc), UWP or WPF, C# or C programming, and Object-Oriented Design (OOD) * Ability to work independently, with minimal guidanceAbility to solve complex problems * Ability to act as a resource for colleagues with less experience * Good communication skills; able to explain difficult or sensitive information and to build consensus
- Familiarity with the following: Atlassian tools (for example Jira and Confluence), Configuration management tools (Git and GitHUB), and Agile methodology
- Knowledge of Web development and standards (Angular, REST and JSON)
- Experience working in a multi-site and multi-cultural environment
- Experience in medical device development
Diversity & Inclusion At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team. Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Life Sciences
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-FL-Miami
Req ID: BEC014818