Danaher Corporation Product Solution Architect in Mount Waverley, Australia
Who we are:
At Leica Biosystems our promise is to enable clinicians to efficiently provide patients a highly confident diagnosis within 24 hours of biopsy. We offer the most comprehensive portfolio that spans the entire cancer diagnosis workflow from biopsy to diagnosis. Our experts are committed to delivering Improved Quality, Integrated Solutions, and Optimized Efficiencies leading to breakthrough advances in diagnostic confidence and turnaround time.
Every day we embrace new ways of thinking and work closely together to deliver innovative technologies, to ensure we remain at the forefront of our industry. And we believe that our people around the world play the most important role in helping our customers find success.
This is a new role in the research & development group. The Product Solution Architect will develop and govern architectural, interface and process solutions for a one or more products within the Leica Biosystems Melbourne medical device product portfolio. You will work closely with the Enterprise Solution Architect and Product Managers to define software solutions to integrate a broad suite of Leica Biosystems products to achieve broader interoperability and harmonized workflows for our customers. You will build the bridge between business needs and technology. Additionally you will provide oversight and direction to a team of software architects, guiding and setting example of best architecture practice.
Your key responsibilities will include, and not limited to:
• Define pragmatic architectural solutions across multiple bespoke software systems.
• Translate business requirements and roadmaps to a solution architecture, appropriately described by design artefacts; including current state, transition and future state architectures.
• Provide architectural direction and governance to software architects and development teams.
• Contribute to the development of business and technology roadmaps that support the transition to future state architectures.
• Communicate with a broad range of business areas to influence decision making based on clear articulation of technical needs, opportunities and constraints to enhance delivery of product roadmaps.
• Identify points of integration, reusability and other interfaces between technical solutions across the product portfolio. Define critical interfaces between software systems.
• Drive problem solving initiatives using structured analysis to drive to root cause followed by implementation of sustainable countermeasures.
• Engage and lead discussions and workshops with key technical and product stakeholders, building and maintaining key relationships across Leica Biosytems.
• Coach software architects on effective architecture practices.
• Actively support program change, risk and issue management.
• Contribute to product safety and security risk management activities.
• Drive continuous improvement of Leica Biosystems’ architecture processes, methods and tools.
To be successful in this opportunity, a prior experience in the following criteria would be required:
Minimum 3 years experience in a solution architecture role defining and leading architectural solutions including establishing reference models, standards, processes and architectural blueprints.
Minimum 10 years experience in software development, including experience designing software architectures.
Deep expertise and knowledge of current technology domains, actively maintaining awareness of technology horizon.
Strong knowledge of software system integration technologies and API patterns.
Tertiary qualification in software engineering with proven knowledge of contemporary solution architecture, technology frameworks and methodologies (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, 4+1).
Extensive experience creating technical documentation via models and technical drawings e.g. UML, Archimate.
An exceptional communicator with first rate stakeholder management skills enabling you to effectively collaborate, contribute and persuade at all levels and amongst both technical and business stakeholders.
The ability to convey complex, technical ideas to a non-technical audience
Confident in leading technical discussions with architects, software developers and other technical stakeholders.
A proactive, flexible and agile mindset with the ability to balance current and new architecture in the context of challenging business demands.
A motivated and driven professional with the ability to work independently.
Experience managing and/or directing an architecture team
Experience with healthcare integration and clinical workflow initiatives such as IHE, protocols such as HL7 / FHIR and/or DICOM,and engines such as Mirth / NextGen Connect and/or Interfaceware Iguana.
Experience developing client-server software and systems in a product development environment, with technologies such as .NET, C#, Python, SQL Server, REST, etc.
Strong understanding of security and privacy by design principles
Postgraduate qualification or training relating to solution architecture.
Experience developing systems in a regulated environment e.g. medical device development.
You must be an Australian citizen or a holder of a Permanent Residency visa to be eligible to apply for this position.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of Leica Biosystems and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.
Applicants must submit a cover letter explaining their interest in joining Leica Biosystems and relevant experience related to this role. Applications must be submitted by close of business 30th June 2021.
Leica Biosystems is committed to attracting and retaining the most highly qualified candidates available. We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities. If you are seeking a new challenge where your performance and contribution is valued, and the role aligns with your next career move, we would love to hear from you.
Be sure to follow Leica Biosystems on LinkedIn!
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System (https://www.danaher.com/how-we-work/danaher-business-system) tools and the stability of a tested organization.At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.