Danaher Corporation Snr Financial Accountant Sciex (PHX) in Mumbai, India
As a global leader in mass spectrometry, SCIEX delivers solutions for precision detection and quantification of molecules to help protect and advance the wellness and safety of all. Because of our 50 years of groundbreaking innovation, our customers can quickly respond to environmental hazards, better understand biomarkers relevant to disease, improve patient care in the clinic, bring relevant drugs to market faster, and keep food healthier and safer. At SCIEX, you’ll find a rewarding role that amplifies your impact on the world and helps you realize life’s potential.
SCIEX is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
The senior Financial Accountant is responsible for all the accounting transactions based in statutory and US GAAP accounting and delivering the month-end closing with high standards of quality and in compliance with local regulation. He / She is responsible (with others) for all general accounting and reporting activities for multiple legal entities of Phenomenex within the Financial Shared Service Center of Sciex EMEAI.
The scope of the job area might touch also GL related areas like banks, intercompany, accruals, accounts payable/receivable, and related controls activities.
• Ensure all the accounting transactions are recorded timely and accurately with a high standard of supporting documentation.
• Review the accounting entries performed by other team members and performs accounting entries such as accruals, deferrals and re classifications as needed to ensure compliance with USGAAP, IFRS and tax requirements. Such entries could include inter company movements, fixed assets, deferred assets, payroll, allocation of expenses, and adjustments of reserves and provisions.
• Prepare financial statements in a timely and accurate manner in compliance with the local and following the Company Global Accounting Policy.
• Perform reconciliations regarding Balance Sheet accounts, that include explain and adjust of the outstanding balances.
• Ensure that the accounting and tax documentation is updated and maintains the traceability of it in order to support the accounting and the taxes in proper way.
• Provide support in internal and external audits.
• Actively participate and support of the improving accounting process into the ERP (AX)
• Includes ad hoc duties as necessary
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Accounting certification (CA) (combined with longer and profound accounting trajectory: 3-4 years experience)
Proficient experience in general accounting: month end closes, account reconciliations, and reporting.
Capable of managing the month end close activities independently
• Experience in working in international matrix organization; preferably SSC experience.
• Knowledge in US GAAP and IFRS accounting principles.
• Desirable experience in ERPs like AX.
• Advanced MS Excel
• Customer service oriented (internal and external)
• Ability to work under pressure and a high degree of ability to define priorities.
• Oriented to detail and organized.
• Proactive and with a high sense of teamwork.
• Focused on process improvement.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System (https://www.danaher.com/how-we-work/danaher-business-system) tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we’ll empower you to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) .