Danaher Corporation Software Project Manager (f/m/n) in Munich, Germany
Danaher Company Description
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or atwww.beckmancoulter.com.
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a member of the technical project management team in Munich you will lead projects with focus on software as a laboratory automation system. Your main responsibilities will be:
- You are technically leading a project team of software engineers
- You are responsible for the planning of all software relevant topics
- You are reporting the status to the product line specific Core Team and the R&D management
- In collaboration with Product Management and Systems Engineering you are responsible for the specification, the design and the implementation of the software system
- You drive the work breakdown and assign work packages
- You define and ensure the allocation of required resources
- You ensure the on time release of technical documentation required for each milestone
- You make sure that issues are prioritized, assigned, tracked and followed up for closure
- You take care about identifying and mitigating project risks
- To ensure success, you will cooperate with other functions within and outside the project team (e.g. operations, customer service, suppliers, external companies).
- You ensure consistent compliance with quality standards and safety guidelines
- Bachelor's degree and 9 years of relevant experience, or Master’s degree and 7 years of relevant experience, or Doctoral degree with 4 years of relevant experience, preferably in the field of medical engineering
- Several years experience in project management for software projects within a matrix organization
- Profound experience with agile development methods and tools
- Experience in managing multiple projects in parallel
- Pro-active, independent, and thorough working method, as well as the ability to confidently interact on senior management level
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
Strong written and verbal English communications skills
Y ou make project goals your own and take the responsibility of driving business results by using your skills and expertise to inspire a sense of shared purpose within a project team. You work well under pressure and are comfortable with change and complexity in dynamic environments. You have a broad and flexible toolkit of techniques, resolving complex, interdependent activities into tasks and sub-tasks that are documented, monitored and controlled.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Project/Program Management
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-Germany-Bavaria-Munich
Req ID: BEC012868