Danaher Corporation Staff Technical Project Manager - Product Line Sustainment (m/w/n) in Munich, Germany
Danaher Company Description
Beckman Coulterdevelops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a member of the project management team you will be the Project Manager for the sustainment of a brand new lab automation system. Therefore, you will take care about internal and external change requests which might fall into the following categories:
- New functionality (technical innovation, market requests)
- Field complaints (customer and service feedback)
- Cost reduction and process improvement
- Part / component obsolescence
- Your main tasks: *
If a change request has been approved by the decision team (lead by you) you will own, manage, and drive the corresponding post launch change.
- Your main interfaces will be R&D, Customer Service, Product Management, and Quality Management.
- You will host project relevant meetings (e.g. Daily Management), evaluate and create project relevant data and documents, and communicate with multiple different departments (e.g. Product Management, R&D, Manufacturing, Quality, Service).
- You make project goals your own and take the responsibility of driving business results by using your skills and expertise to inspire a sense of shared purpose within a project team.
- Bachelor's degree and 9 years of relevant experience, or Master’s degree and 7 years of relevant experience, or Doctoral degree with 4 years of relevant experience, preferably in the field of medical engineering.
- Several years experience in project management within a matrix organization (software and hardware).
- Specific experience in product life-cycle management, change management, and quality management are a plus.
- Profound experience in managing multiple projects.
- Pro-active, independent, and thorough working method, as well as the ability to confidently interact on senior management level.
- You work well under pressure and are comfortable with change and complexity in dynamic environments.
- You have a broad and flexible toolkit of techniques, resolving complex, interdependent activities into tasks and sub-tasks that are documented, monitored and controlled.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Strong written and verbal English communications skills
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Project/Program Management
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-Germany-Bavaria-Munich
Req ID: BEC011510