Danaher Corporation Mechanical Design Engineer (m/f) in Nazareth, Belgium
Danaher Company Description
AppliTek, part ofHach, is a specialist manufacturer of on-line, automatic analyzers and monitoring systems used in a myriad of environmental and industrial applications. Our customers are within the chemical industry, water treatment, mining, power plants, or places where critical fluid analyzes are located. As Masters in Analytical Technology, AppliTek serves a global market with high-tech equipment.
Hachis a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
OUR MISSION:Ensure water quality for people around the world.
OUR VISION:We make water analysis better – faster, simpler, greener and more informative – via unsurpassed customer partnerships, the most knowledgeable experts, and reliable, easy-to-use products.
WATER QUALITY GROUP
Danaher`s Water Quality Business is a global leader in water quality analysis and treatment, providing instrumentation and disinfection systems to help analyze and manage the quality of ultra-pure water, portable water, wastewater, groundwater and ocean water in residential, commercial, industrial, and natural resource applications. Our water quality business provides products under a variety of brands, including HACH, ChemTreat, and Trojan Technologies.
As Mechanical Design Engineer you will be responsible to apply basic and advanced knowledge of scientific or engineering principles to the design, redesign, improvement, test, modeling and use of our analyzer systems. You will be reporting to the Prototype & Production Manager.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Design, modify, develop and implement mechanical designs for production.
- Participate in the testing process through test plan development, review, execution, and/or analysis of tests based on established specifications.
- Work with Purchasing department and suppliers to select and validate components and manufactured parts.
- Deliver manufacturing files for model, prototype, and serial production.
- Setup technical specification for parts.
- Perform verification and reliability tests and write test reports.
- Support manufacturing to allow lean production with assembly guidelines.
- Good and clear communicator and presenter, ability to explain technical solution in an esay way both internal and external.
- Analytical and out-of-the box thinking to solve complex technical problems.
- Action orientation and strong sense of urgency.
- Understand budget and economic impact of design and material selection
Background and skill requirements
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering with basic knowledge of or experience with electronics and chemistry.
- Knowledge of commonly-used design concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Good, broad and up to date knowledge of manufacturing and machining technologies.
- Good and detailed material knowledge.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the use of CAD for designing components.
- Demonstrated skills in the areas required for this position:
- Structural analysis
- Design for manufacturability
- Materials and component selection
- Knowledge of material compatibility for specified use
- Fluid dynamics and theoretical mechanical calculation knowledge
- Dutch as first language, fluent in English
- Living preferably in or close to region Gent-Deinze-Waregem
- Working with technically high-quality and very diverse challenges
- Achieve results in a team, in a good team spirit
- Working according to the Danaher Business System, the system that makes us distinctive and offers unique advantages
- Working for a leading, worldwide operating company in the field of analyzer systems and projects
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-Belgium-Nazareth
Req ID: HAC005534