Danaher Corporation Director, Biotech Sales - North East in New Hampshire
Danaher Company Description
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visitwww.pall.com/green.
The primary function of the Director Sales is to provide sales leadership, management and direction to meet / exceed the annual sales / order budget and ensure longterm sustained growth and profitability. The Director of Sales is responsible for implementing the Global Biotech Sales Strategy in conjunction with Global Product Managers, Regional Marketing, Scientific Laboratory Services (SLS), BioProcess Specialist (BPS) and Sales Specialist with the region.
* Lead team to meet or exceed regional sales targets assigned by Pall Biotech management via direct sales activities with customers.
* Through critical insight on customer biotech/biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes, support team to formulate strategies to develop and support solutions that meet or exceed customers’ needs and expectations and simultaneously expand Biotech’s business by gaining market share in existing and new accounts.
* Work with Operations, Customer Service, Supply Chain and other teams in Pall to ensure full execution of our sales strategies in the region (including orders, shipments, AR collections, contracts including renewals).
* Lead sales funnel reviews and ensure reporting of all business opportunities, solution concepts and strategies to Pall management through the use of CRM and provide voice of customer and applications feedback to product development teams.
* Communicate business strategy and tactics clearly to your team and provide feedback to colleagues, the management team and other Pall teams on progress, opportunities and challenges in the region.
* Manage and direct Account Managers, Business Development Managers (Specification Hunters) and all associated specialists to ensure focus on key selling activities: spec wins, maintaining existing business, identifying new opportunities in existing and new customers through Sales Funnel Mgmt.
* Collaborate with Regional Marketing to identify Key, Strategic and New Accounts to position PALL technology, products, service and support as the first choice in upstream and downstream processes.
* Effectively utilize Total Funnel Management (TFM) Selling.
* Support the Product Rationalization Program down to the Account Mgr. / Account level. * Provide weekly sales and order forecast updates, customers issue / needs including product OTD, Quality, etc. that is impacting Customer Satisfaction. Schedule quarterly sales reviews with Sales, Regional Marketing, BPS, SLS and Customer Service to review previous quarter results, update fiscal year forecast and quarter performance.
* Acquire and develop talent and adapt workforce competencies to meet evolving business needs, while effectively managing change: o Use rewards and recognition to help cultivate a customer mindset, leadership at every level, performance excellence, teamwork and compliance with Danaher’s Code of Conduct. o Hold self and other leaders within the BU accountable for completing people processes (goal setting, development plans, performance reviews, compensation planning, talent assessments, career plan nominations and succession planning) in a timely and quality manner. o Develop talent and take timely, corrective action to improve performance that doesn’t meet expectations. o Schedule, monitor and confirm sales and technical training programs are completed and employees are fully trained and capable of positioning all products and technologies practicing TFM. 15%
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or Engineering.
- 10 years sales experience including a minimum of three years managing people and five years in technical sales in Biotech/Biopharm Development / Manufacturing market place Position Competencies:
- Requires comprehensive understanding of concepts and principles within own discipline and knowledge of others
- Applies knowledge of key business drivers and the factors that maximize performance for area of or responsibility
- Manages multiple related teams, sets departmental priorities and allocates resources to align with business objectives and annual plan
- Identifies and solves complex, operational and organizational problems leveraging the appropriate resources within or outside the department
- Guided by organization functional business plans, impacts the department results by supporting and funding of projects, products, services and/or technologies Other Requirements: Technical Knowledge:/Complete working knowledge of BioPharm development, manufacturing and industry requirements in Upstream and Downstream Processing./ / / /Pall Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender express/
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-Massachusetts
Req ID: LIF003849