Danaher Corporation Area Field Service Leader - North in New Jersey
Danaher Company Description
At Beckman Coulter, we are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory. For more than 80 years, we have been a trusted partner for laboratory professionals, helping to advance scientific research and patient care. We do challenging work on a global scale, and are invested in growing our associates’ careers. We embrace continuous improvement, and are passionate about moving science and healthcare forward.
We have a vital role at Beckman Coulter: our focus on innovation, reliability and efficiency has led us to become the partner of choice for clinical, research and industrial customers all over the world.
Beckman Coulter is a Danaher company, operating in two industries: Diagnostics and Life Sciences.
DescriptionDirect and control the Field Service Organization for a segment of the company’s commercial operation.
· Develop strategic goals and objectives that meet the needs of customers. Implement appropriate customer support strategies, manage service employees, and participate with Sales to develop tactical and strategic agreements with customers.
· Manage the field service staff assigning primary service territories and accounts, product responsibilities and training schedules.
· Participate in corporate strategic and tactical planning processes for service.
· Implement company defined protocols for installations, preventative maintenance and repairs.
· Participate in developing operational Service objectives and delegate assignments to staff.
· Develop service business plans to enhance service and revenues with focus on Customer Retention.
· Working closely with Sales, create tactical service plans for sensitive accounts.
· Develop and implement cost effective solutions to meet customer needs that minimize company expenses.
· Forecast and communicate staffing requirements for the area or region.
· Partner with area / territory Sales teams, and Sales Management.
· Responsible for hiring/firing/disciplinary decisions affecting employees.
· Develop and manage operating service budget, allocating resources as required for cost effective results.
· Communicate area or region status and escalates issues to executive management and staff.
· Adheres to policies and procedures.
Technical Bachelor of Science in Engineering / Bio - Medical or equivalent qualification with 14 plus years experience
Master’s/Doctoral degree with 12 plus years experience
Proven experience in supervision and second level management of personnel
Proven experience in customer support role interfacing with senior customer management personnel
Medical Laboratory experience a plus
Working knowledge of business management
Working knowledge of Field Customer Support, Service Contracting, and all its related sub fields
Knowledge of customer relationships and customer satisfaction methodologies
Knowledge of the medical diagnostic industry - specifically its trends, pitfalls and challenges
Knowledge of diagnostic analyzers – specifications and performance standards, US healthcare legislation
The ability to integrate complex business, product and market related theory into practical and executable strategies, approaches and action plans
The proven ability to manage on a strategic level for e.g. forecasting changes in the internal and external environment and to provide appropriate strategic solutions to challenging business problems and opportunities
The ability to present strategies and proposals to all levels internal and external to the Company
The ability to be assertive, direct and diplomatic
The proven ability to translate quantities of data into meaningful concepts
Advanced computer literacy such as data base applications, complex financial applications, research analysis applications, advanced power point and MS Office skills.
The proven ability to work on an enterprise resources system such as ORACLE or SAP
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-New York
Req ID: BEC010809