Danaher Corporation CNC Machinist 2nd shift in New Port Richey, Florida
Danaher Company Description
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visitwww.pall.com/green.
· Machine knowledge equivalent to three to five years of experience on CNC machines
· Apprenticeship or trade school preferred.
· Good working knowledge of shop math (Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry).
· Fluent in blueprint reading
· High School Diploma or GED required
· Setup and operate CNC Mills and/or Lathes.
· Responsible for all facets of setup and inspection up to and including first piece inspection.
· Maintain high productivity while producing quality parts.
· Responsible for in process inspection and SPC.
· Make correction as required to maintain quality and production rates.
· Perform set-up operations using tool sheets, manuscripts, sketches and blueprints.
· Read and understand machining drawings.
· Perform Statistical Process Control (SPC) and maintain all necessary records associated with the parts and machines.
· Maintain high productivity, change off sets as necessary to maintain quality.
· Deburr parts during the machine cycle.
· Promptly report all tooling or program problems to group leader or supervisor.
· Use shop math in checking parts.
· Perform preventive maintenance to the machines.
· Maintain the machine within the scope of his ability.
· Prove out new setups, read and interpret CNC program to recognize and make changes to rectify excessive tool wear and minor program oversights.
· Read and understand all types of drawings required to machine parts such as castings, forgings, detailed engineering sketches.
· Efficiently use shop math to solve for information required to machine and/or inspect machined parts, castings, or forgings.
· Assist in the selection of tools, holding fixtures and methods for producing machined parts.
· Builds prototypes interfacing with Engineering and Programming.
· Trains coworkers in a patient and positive manner.
· Identifies new ways to machine parts to improve quality and productivity.
· Maintains all paperwork associated with producing the part and maintaining company records.
· Efficient with SPC.
· Perform preventive maintenance to the machines.
· Make machine repairs within the scope of the candidate’s abilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. This position is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by the supervisor.
· Participate in KAIZEN events.
· Participate in Setup reduction program
· Identify cost savings.
· Maintain clean and safe work environment.
Restrictions are limited only by the individual’s inability to perform essential job duties and where an unsafe condition would result for the individual or surrounding employees
· Required Lifting: 30 Pounds
· Must be able to lift vertically from the floor to bench top level
· Lifting Frequency: Daily
· Frequent standing or sitting for extended periods of time.
· Frequent lifting of 30 pounds from the floor to bench top level
US Citizenship or Resident Alien status required to support government programs and projects
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.5B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-FL-New Port Richey
Req ID: IND000339