Danaher Corporation Hydraulic Mechanic - 3rd Shift in New Port Richey, Florida
Danaher Company Description
Find what drives you on a team with a 70 year history of being recognized for discovery, determination, and innovation. As a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, Pall Corporation thrives on helping our customers protect people. Our portfolio is broad, so if your interests lie along the spectrum of Life Sciences to Industrial, you’ll find a rewarding role here. Our career opportunities are as diverse as our products and they are all focused on creating better lives and a better planet. At Pall, we believe that innovation is our legacy, our privilege, and our destiny. If that resonates with you, join us!
Third Shift Schedule: 11:00 PM to 6:30 AM
_POSITION OBJECTIVE___ Perform hydraulic mechanical tasks
_ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS_
- Perform assembly and testing on valves and assemblies by interpreting blueprints and job sheets.
- Maintain high productivity while producing quality parts.
- Follow written technical instructions and drawings.
- Proof test by placing valves in block and re-testing.
- Work with solvents, oils, and other chemicals.
- Troubleshoot problems during assembly and test.
- Responsible for the upkeep and inventory of company hand tools and tooling.
- Support company goals and policies.
- Set-up test stand and test valves and assemblies to meet specifications on job sheets.
- Complete all necessary paperwork as required including scorecards, hazard recognitions, routers and data, Follower Tags, ATP, Slitter Sheets, etc.
- Trains co-workers and supports continuous cross training improvements.
- Continuously seeks opportunities to improve processes and procedure and communicates to management.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED).
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a position demonstrating mechanical aptitude.
- Prior experience in manufacturing and assembly related industry is an asset.
- Working knowledge and prior experience using hand tools and gages (torque wrenches, calipers).
- Familiarity with hydraulic / pneumatic principles and related hardware (flow testing, cracking and resetting of valves) is an asset.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, job sheets, and written work instructions.
- Demonstrate good mechanical skills and abilities.
- Work overtime as assigned.
- Pass visual acuity exam.
- Required lifting weight: 30 lbs. Lifting frequency: Daily.
- Required to stand for long time periods (for a minimum of 8 hours or more.)
- Frequently twist and bend.
- Be able to work with solvents, oils, and other chemicals.
- Team player willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) while performing tasks.
- Comfortable with change and Continuous Improvement.
- Work safely by following all safety procedures.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and neat work space.
- Support the Site and company Quality policies (i.e. FOD and line clearance policies of the company).
- Participate in a minimum of one (1) Kaizen event per year.
- This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, protected person status, or U.S. Government export authorization is required. Any offer of employment is contingent upon Pall obtaining the necessary employment visa and export authorization, including, if required, an export license from the applicable U.S. government agency.
- Perform preventative maintenance as required.
- Must follow all environmental policies and procedures when working with chemicals, oils, and solvents.
Diversity & Inclusion At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team. Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-FL-New Port Richey
Req ID: IND001212