Danaher Corporation Intern - Research and Development (Year Round) in New Port Richey, Florida
Danaher Company Description
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visitwww.pall.com/green.
The R&D Intern assist engineers and or scientists in the development of new technology that supports the strategic initiatives within the Aerospace Business Unit. Development of testing capabilities for new technologies associated with technology development projects. Use engineering tools including CATIA 3-D solid modeling software and basic finite element analysis tools. Perform dimensional tolerance analysis, prototype development, CNC mill/lathe, fluid flow calculations, and basic stress calculations. Use materials characterization tools such as DCS, SEM/EDS, TGA, FTIR, DMA, tensile testing to support materials selection processes as well as failure analysis and engineering/operations support.
- Work with engineers and scientists to develop required test capabilities for various projects
- Perform calculations that are required to verify designs will meet customer requirements.
- Become proficient in testing capabilities associated with technology development projects, and conduct appropriate testing where needed.
- Assist in writing SOP’s for materials characterization equipment as well as perform some lab evaluation and testing.
- 3-D Modeling of parts for prototypes, fittings, and tooling required for development projects
- Fully understand all materials characterization equipment and be able to run basic analysis of materials
* Pursuing BSME/BSMS/BSChemE or equivalent degree. * Experienced in spreadsheet analysis, report writing. 3-D solid modeling software application experience desired. * Familiar with engineering software including MATHCAD, TK Solver or other equivalent package. * Basic knowledge in the areas of stress analysis and fluid dynamics and or materials science. * Materials Characterization experience is desired.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Good team player with customer focus
- Ability to multitask and problem solve
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Ability to work to a schedule and communicate roadblocks to the management team.
Good communication skills and teamwork is expected to effectively coordinate efforts within R&D and departments external to R&D.
US Citizenship or Resident Alien status required to support government programs and projects.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Science
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-FL-New Port Richey
Req ID: IND000407