Danaher Corporation Manufacturing Engineer - Continuous Improvement in New Port Richey, Florida
Danaher Company Description
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visitwww.pall.com/green.
This position is responsible for improvements within value streams of responsibility, in line with yearly targets in the areas of Safety, Internal and External Quality, On-Time Delivery / Lead Time reduction, and Productivity. This position is a key member of the Value Stream leadership team responsible for ensuring day-to-day results and developing and executing data-supported, root cause focused action plans that support breakthrough KPI results aided by the implementation of LEAN (DBS) tools and practices.
In this role, the candidate will develop time management / prioritization skills, LEAN (DBS) knowledge & implementation leadership skills, project management skills (getting things done through others), enhanced technical skills, and effective leadership / communication skills, through driving day-to-day and yearly improvement results.
Although this is an individual contributor role, there are heavy “leadership” expectations that make this role ideal for someone looking to move into operations management positions as they advance in their career.
Essential Job Functions:
* This position provides technical daily support to the manufacturing floor including addressing documentation, process, and material flow gaps/opportunities. * Lead the implementation of LEAN / DBS tools via formal/informal Kaizens to achieve and sustain improved levels of targeted performance. * This position will interact directly with customers on quality issues and quality assurance issues. * Act as project manager/owner for KPI improvement plans of responsibility, to including leading the Problem Solving Process, action plan development, execution assurance meetings, and sustainment tracking. * Research and implement where appropriate, advanced technology solutions which help the value stream achieve breakthrough results in Safety, Quality, Delivery / Lead Time reduction, Inventory, and/or Productivity. * Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications: * Strong verbal and written communications skills, effective with all levels of the organization * Effective presenter and communicator with external customers * Demonstrated leadership capabilities * Must be able to work with a sense of urgency while maintaining safety & quality standards. * Upward mobility driven. * Ability to multitask / manage several projects at one time * Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills * Knowledge of business systems, engineering, manufacturing, and financial systems * Strong time management skills to balance day-to-day and “strategic” improvement responsibilities * Humble and self-aware * High energy and driven to WIN
* Quality First: Plan & execute accurate, complete, timely and reliable work. Integrity never compromised.
* Management by Fact: Gathers, analyzes and summarizes data to draw rational, fact-based conclusions.
* Blameless: Seeks root-cause solutions and fixes processes rather than finding someone to blame.
* Teamwork: Collaborative with customers, suppliers & associates at all levels towards mutual objectives.
* Sense of Urgency: High energy, bias for taking action. Spontaneously recognizes and resolves issues. * Customer Focus: Makes customers a primary focus, develops and sustains loyal, productive relationships.
* Continuous Improvement: Develops and implements creative solutions to systems and processes. * Deliver Results: Driven to deliver short and long-term results. Maintains focus on what’s most important. * Adapting to Change: Able to effectively adapt an environment of change, uncertainty, and ambiguity. Can make pragmatic decisions in a timely fashion, especially when there is not a clear “right way.” * Innovative: Generates and implement creative solutions. Challenges current methods and seek alternatives.
* Entrepreneurial: A fundamental belief in one’s ability to successfully take on new and difficult challenges, question the status quo, and take risks. * Strategic Skills: Gathers, organizes and analyzes data from various perspectives to develop and implement comprehensive action plans that achieve breakthrough results. * Tough Minded: Courage and conviction to identify/make difficult decisions swiftly, fairly and with respect for those involved without being directed to do so. Makes or supports correct/unpopular decisions when needed. * Maturity: Insight into strengths and weaknesses of self and others. Exhibits and commands attention and respect, maintain self-control, conveying confidence and instilling confidence in others * Visionary Leadership: The ability to communicate and enlist support for the vision of the organization. * Developing Organizational Talent: The genuine commitment to fostering long-term growth and development of associates, with particular attention to how their talents can best be utilized to meet current and future business needs. Quick read of talent and caliber of others. Can identify the most important factors for success in people and not be fooled by superficial looks or presentation. Quick to act on own insights with people and business. * High Intellect: Conceptual, strategic, but able to probe into specifics when necessary. Analytical and fact-based most of the time, but able to draw on intuition. Able to reduce an overwhelming amount of information into a few salient issues to focus on. The ability to prioritize the most relevant from all other issues. Creative and independent thinker. Open minded. * Emotional Characteristics: Values consistent with Danaher’s culture. Places the best interests of the organization ahead of personal gain. Solid sense of self-confidence. High expectations of self. Welcomes challenges and stretch goals. Resilient under high workload, high stress. Flexible. Independent, self-initiating versus looking to upper management for direction. High level of integrity and ethics. Empathetic. * Motivational Characteristics: High energy level. High dominance (comfortable with authority and leadership), high competitive achievement (drive to win, results orientation). High level of autonomy, and low need for structure and boundaries. * Interpersonal Characteristics: Open, communicative, give and take dialogue, seeks input from others, but not dependent on getting a consensus. Good listener – both in being receptive and in asking good, probing questions to illuminate an issue. Keeps people informed – the “what’s” and “why’s” of issues. Perceived as trustworthy, honest, non-political. Tells people where they stand – lots of sincere recognition and clear direct negative feedback when necessary. Does not shy away from constructive conflict and confrontation. Able to work in a team/group environment (versus a strictly “hub and spoke” management style. Basic Qualifications: * BS degree in Engineering * Citizenship or Resident Alien/Green Card status required (due to on-site government programs) * Experience with LEAN/DBS/Kaizen implementation * Strong technical problem solving skills * Understanding of unit operations, process equipment, and technology PALLRSR
Pall Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or protected veteran status or marital status.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-FL-New Port Richey
Req ID: PAL002263