Danaher Corporation Plant Manager in New Port Richey, Florida
Danaher Company Description
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visitwww.pall.com/green.
The Plant Manager is responsible and accountable activities from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed while looking for ways to optimize efficiency to increase production and revenue. The Plant Manager will develop processes that will maximize followership, safety, quality and productivity.
- Manage the New Port Richey Plant and oversee the Manufacturing Operations, Facilities, Manufacturing Engineering, and Materials Management.
- Champion and manage the conversion to lean manufacturing and engender an environment of teamwork and continuous improvement.
- Establish targets, both financial and non financial, with clear work plans, and hold managers accountable for achievement.
- Provide experienced leadership, coaching, guidance and direction to the Operations Team.
- Manage cost, quality, schedule, inventory and health, safety & environmental activities for the location
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction to the supervisory team
- Ensure the KPIs and key goals are achieved and that manufacturing capacity meets the sales plan
- Effectively drive and mentor Danaher Business Systems (DBS), while championing an environment of teamwork and associate engagement
- Ensure that the production employees are organized, trained and supervised.
- Maintain headcount, overtime, factory expenses and fiscal budgets are met as set by annual budgets.
- Maximize productivity and manufacturing efficiency of production to required quality levels.
- Ensure that attendance booking and labor transactions are done in a correct manner.
- Ensure the correct use of the facility, buildings, machinery, equipment and company property and consistent with city permits and regulations.
- Ensure building and property security is maintained.
- Ensure a safe working environment exists consistent with OSHA and safety equipment is maintained and effectively used.
- Ensure that environmental regulations and good practice are adhered to.
- Understand and adhere to all requirements of commercial and government contracts.
- Lead and engage employees during Kaizens to drive continuous improvements
- Lead daily management to drive sustainable, continuous improvements in Safety, Quality, Productivity, On Time Delivery, and materials management.
- Maximize productivity and manufacturing efficiency of production
- Partner with matrix directors/managers for Quality, HR and Finance support
- Identify and implement strategic opportunities to drive cost reductions / productivity improvements in manufacturing operations
- Manage the Performance and Development Process for all direct reports, including providing coaching and development opportunities that will allow each individual’s potential to be maximized and used effectively
- Ensure the shipment goals, business goals, customer requirements and production plans are achieved and that manufacturing capacity meets the sales plans
- Set clear goals and provide an example to manufacturing employees by conduct, appearance and behavior
- Verify that all employees conduct business in a manner that complies with company policy
- If applicable, understand and adhere to all requirements of commercial and government contracts
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision
- Effectively communicates requirements using a team approach to accomplish goals and objectives of the business
- adherence and support differences of opinions
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have past experience with successful implementation of Continuous Improvements, Lean Manufacturing principles and practices, and have strong understanding CI tools and techniques along with experience of demonstrating sustained results
- Must possess a thorough understanding of the inter-relationship between manufacturing, engineering, materials, quality and purchasing with exposure in all of these areas
- Experience with primary oversight of operations, manufacturing, materials and quality management preferred
- Exceptional leadership, team building skills & focus on developing a safety culture
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, in addition to being results oriented, creative and self-motivated are required
- Experience in the Aerospace or Industrial Capital Goods Business is preferred
- Strong financial background
- Demonstrated safety leadership capabilities and knowledge and experience
- Builds People, Teams, and Organizations
- Acts with Integrity
- Bachelor of Science degree in business, engineering or other related discipline preferred or comparable work experience.
- 5 years of previous experience managing a plant or experience leading a business unit of $10M within a large plant
Pall is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
US citizenship or resident alien status is required to support government programs and projects
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-FL-New Port Richey
Req ID: IND000499