Danaher Corporation Quality Engineering Technician in New Port Richey, Florida
Danaher Company Description
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visitwww.pall.com/green.
Support the achievement of daily, monthly, and yearly quality objectives for a defined Value Stream within the New Port Richey, FL site. This position will have direct responsibility for internal, manufacturing product quality for the assigned value stream. This position is responsible for daily results in the critical KPI area of Quality for the Value Stream of responsibility. This position will have a key focus on the internal quality performance and identification of process gaps and sustainment of capable processes to meet current and future quality objectives.
- Quality: Zero customer complaints due to First Article and PPAP Errors Achieve Internal Yield & Scrap $ Improvements at Value Stream target levels Ensure effectiveness of CA/PA through zero recurrence of audit findings
Delivery: Zero late deliveries due to late First Article and PPAP submittal Complete NCMR disposition & closure with an average aging of 5 days or less Meet Customer CA/PA closure date requirements Audit Schedule Adherence (QMS Audits, Certified Operator Audits, Process/Job Audits, etc.)
This position significantly impacts the Company’s ability to be globally competitive in the areas of Safety, Quality and Growth. This position is also instrumental in the quality improvements and zero-defect initiatives required to greatly reduce the cost of poor quality and sustain customer satisfaction.
Provide Quality Assurance for the value stream; to include certified operator audits, QMS audits, job and product audits and product/process performance measurement for the value stream. Prepare the report, follow-up and verify completion of actions initiated from the audits.
- Complete first article inspections for the value stream and assist in inspection, as required.
- Complete transactions of Customer Complaint, CAP, 8D forms, First Articles, inspection reports, etc.
- Assist with customer/government/FAA matters to include customer audits, customer telcons, and support resolution of corrective actions, quality escape action reviews and zero defect initiatives, as required for the Value Stream.
- Assist in development of Manufacturing Quality Trend Charts/Analysis and suggest/implement improvements based on the trends. Assume responsibility to Follow-up and verify effectiveness of NCMR CAPA’s.
- Gather and submit key characteristic process control data for customer required submittals for the value stream.
- Revise inspection instructions, detailed inspection requirements & plans (DIRs/DIPs) and control plans based on continuous feedback and internal/external performance measures.
- Direct and provide guidance in dimensional studies on first piece inspections and products of concern; review and interpret design, customer and quality/industrial standards for manufacturing support.
- Facilitate material disposition (NCMR, ECR, & Deviation requests) and implement POR (Product Occurrence Record for plant escapes) and NCMR containment.
- Job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed.
- Associate’s degree in Industrial Technology, Engineering or related fields, or at least 10 years of related manufacturing experience in Aerospace or Automotive Industry required.
- At least 5 years of Inspection experience in a manufacturing high mix and complexity product environment.
- At least two years’ experience within a manufacturing organization with a metric and results driven culture, required.
- Prior experience with lean methodology and tools to improve quality and / or overall operations processes, preferred.
- Quality Assurance experience and knowledge of ISO 9001/ AS 9100 standards, Quality Systems, PR/MRB (Preliminary Review and Material Review Boards for Non-conforming product), required.
- Experience with electrical and mechanical engineering drawing interpretation (i.e. GD&T), inspection methodology and metrology, required.
- Experience in using calipers, micrometers, height gages, verniers, height gauges, surface finish measuring instruments, comparator oscilloscopes and other inspection devices.
- Prior Aerospace and/or highly-regulated industry experience highly preferred.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate across functions.
- Strong auditing skillset and knowledge of sampling plans.
Data analysis techniques and computer literacy (MS excel, word, power point).
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to balance day-to-day production support efforts/responsibilities, with hands-on, continuous Improvement activities.
- Demonstrated passion for Continuous Improvement with an entry level understanding of Lean tools and concepts and participate in Kaizens and other continuous improvement projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced manufacturing environment with high mix and complexity products.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain continuous mental and visual attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage stress and pressure effectively.
- Strong written, verbal, and computer skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in time management.
Successfully pass the Ishihara’s Test for Colour Deficiency, Jaeger level I exam and have a minimum of 20/25 vision (with correction).
US Citizenship or Resident Alien status required to support government programs and projects.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-FL-New Port Richey
Req ID: IND000491