Danaher Corporation Biomedical Equipment Field Service Engineer in New York City, New York
Danaher Company Description
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are uniquely positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Our mission of “Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives” is at the heart of our corporate culture. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany. VisitLeicaBiosystems.com for more information.
Leica Biosystems is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check.
Be sure to follow Leica Biosystems on LinkedIn!
Provide technical service and support on equipment within the company, ISO, FDA, and budgetary guidelines with the objectives of minimizing customer downtime and generating revenue opportunities for Leica.
- Provide installation support, maintenance, modification and/or repair on various mechanical, electro-mechanical, electronic and refrigeration instruments.
- Achieve strategic goals and financial targets
- Effectively communicate with internal colleagues and external customers within established time guidelines in order to meet customer’s expectations.
- Document and complete service administration activities in a timely manner in order to comply with ISO, FDA, and Leica policies.
- Actively support the sale of service contracts, assist sales representatives and service team members with system configurations and upgrades, and provide input on ways to improve financial performance in order to generate service revenue.
- Broaden knowledge and experience to improve product, application and professional development skills and ultimately, represent the company in a professional manner.
- Maintain spare parts stock within budgetary limits in order to maximize customer uptime and field service related metrics.
- Control expenses in order to maximize the profit contribution to the company.
- Represent the company in a professional manner in order to instill confidence with current and prospective customers of Leica products to achieve high customer satisfaction
Required Education, Experience, Skills
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- 2 years of experience preferred
Desired Education, Experience, Skills
- Associates degree (or equivalent technical experience)
- High school diploma required
- 70% - 90%
- Frequent overnight travel, often with short notice. Occasional international travel may be required.
- Must Possess a valid Driver’s license and meet fleet eligibility requirements
- Time management and productivity efficiency with service call handling
- Professional with strong technical acumen – analytical with the ability to understand complex system operation and troubleshooting
- Strong communication skills - uncovering root cause of customer frustration and understanding customer needs
- The position has a high-impact contribution to the company’s success by providing industry leading service to our customer base
- Proficiency with test equipment used in field service support
- Product and associated laboratory process knowledge
- Building and nurturing internal and external customer relationships
- Visual daily management
- Service Management
- Sales representatives/managers
- Service Support
- Customer Service
Physical Demands & Working Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job./ /Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands:/ /While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, stand, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, bend, talk and hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- This position will require heavy travel by car and flying in and out of airports with possible long wait times.
Work environment:/ /While performing the duties of this job, most work is in an office environment setting. Lighting and temperature are adequate. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Overtime is a requirement for this position and may be required with little or no advanced notice and at the sole discretion of Leica. Instances of the inability to meet this requirement may result in disciplinary action
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Leica Biosystems
Job Function: Customer Support
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-NY-New York City
Req ID: SEL001342