Danaher Corporation Operations Manager (Anywhere in the US) in New York City, New York
Danaher Company Description
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visitwww.pall.com/green.
Manage and oversee Manufacturing Operations departments, Environmental, Health, & Safety Department, in order to meet plant Key Performance Indicators as outlined within the site bowler (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, and Productivity).
- Lead manufacturing operations team to drive sustainable, continuous improvements in Safety, Quality, Productivity, On Time Delivery, and materials management.
- Maximize productivity and production efficiencies
- Effectively mentors on the Danaher Business Systems (DBS), while championing an environment of teamwork and associate engagement
- Leads Danaher Business System (DBS) tools and KAIZEN to continuously improve site EHS and Manufacturing Operations programs.
- Partner with matrix directors/managers for Quality, HR and Finance support
- Manage cost, quality, schedule, inventory and health, safety & environmental activities for the location
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction to the manufacturing operations and safety team setting key priorities and driving accountability through daily management
- Identify and implement strategic opportunities to drive cost reductions / productivity improvements through sustainable manufacturing / operations improvements
- Manage the Performance and Development Process for all direct reports, including providing coaching and development opportunities that will allow each associate’s potential to be maximized and used effectively
- Set clear goals and provide an example to employees through conduct and behavior
- Ensure the correct use of the facility, buildings, machinery, equipment and company property and consistent with city permits and regulations
- Ensure a safe working environment exists consistent with company policies and safety equipment is maintained and effectively and safely used
- Ensure site compliance with OSHA, EPA, DEC, Corporate, and all regulatory agencies
- Provide oversight and guidance for Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Lead and direct all efforts for site Business Continuity Management System (BCMS).
- Provide oversight and guidance for FM Global Score reduction goals.
- Manage all EHS and DBS activity directly outlined in the site Danaher Risk Score and plan all score reduction efforts.
- Provide leadership and guidance for a mature, best practice Industrial Hygiene Program
- Drive efforts for long term process improvements in accordance with the hierarchy of hazard controls
- Work with outside agencies as needed on cases involving emergency services, investigations, and first responders.
- Provide guidance, training, and assistance to fellow Pall sites as needed or requested by Senior Leadership and Corporate EHS.
- Organize and lead large scale events involving multiple sites and disciplines (KAIZEN, bootcamp, training, summits)
- Conduct Job Hazard Assessments and set site wide action plans to eliminate high risk activities
- Lead Management of Change efforts including large scale projects
- If applicable, understand and adhere to all requirements of commercial and government contracts
- Effectively communicates requirements using a team approach to accomplish goals and objectives of the business
- Challenge employees to develop state-of-the-art manufacturing operations processes that improve quality and safety
- Provides input for capital expenditures for new equipment and facilities. Prepares and adherers to departmental budgets for variable and non-variable sections of the P&L
- Effectively facilitates through conflict to ensure listening and adherence and support differences of opinions
- Off-shift responsibilities when plant needs arise
- Bachelor of Science degree in business, engineering or other related discipline
- Advanced degree preferred
- 10 years of previous experience in a manufacturing/engineering leader role with combined oversight of safety programs
- Prior experience with successful implementation of Continuous Improvements, Lean Manufacturing principles and practices
- Exceptional leadership, team building skills & focus on developing a safety culture
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, in addition to being results oriented, creative and self-motivated are required
- Demonstrated safety leadership capabilities and knowledge and experience
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-MA-Boston
Req ID: PAL002910