Danaher Corporation Field Service Engineer, Houston, TX in New York, New York
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving health care through fast, accurate diagnostic testing. Our mission drives us, every moment of every day, as we develop scalable, groundbreaking solutions to solve the world’s most complex health challenges. Our associates are involved in every stage of molecular diagnostics, from ideation to development and delivery of testing advancements that improve patient outcomes across a range of settings. As a member of our team, you can make an immediate, measurable impact on a global scale, within an environment that fosters career growth and development.
Cepheid is proud to work alongside a community of six fellow Danaher Diagnostics companies. Together, we’re working at the pace of change on diagnostic tools that address the world’s biggest health challenges, driven by knowing that behind every test there is a patient waiting.
Learn about the Danaher Business System (https://www.danaher.com/how-we-work/danaher-business-system) which makes everything possible.
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for supporting customers within the region with troubleshooting equipment and software, as well as partnering with Field Application Specialists to do installations and customer training.
This position is part of the Customer Care Team and will be located remotely within the Houston, TX region . The Customer Care Team's vision to deliver effective support solutions to every customer to enable life impacting results.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
· Travel throughout a designated service region on short notice to support the company's products and field service partners.
· Provide occasional weekend service support within a short period of time.
· Partner with the Field Application Specialist group to do installations and customer training.
· Provide support of highly technical and/or sophisticated products.
· Achieve and exceed Customer Satisfaction objectives
· Perform routine standard procedures to isolate and fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
· Document and report the company's product "design reliability" and "maintenance issues" and/or problems to technical support.
The essential requirements of the job include:
· High School degree with 4+ years of related work experience OR AA or Technical Trade Degree in Electronics or Engineering (or related discipline) or the equivalent experience is required with 2+ years of related work experience.
· Experience handling advanced complaints and troubleshooting independently.
· Experience working with customers and vendors at both a business and technical level.
· Must be able to pass vendor credentialing requirements imposed by assigned customers, which can include, by way of example only, periodic background checks and drug screening, immunizations, and training.
· Ability to travel approximately 75% of the time with overnight stays.
Cepheid, a Danaher company, offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to our lives. Whether it’s a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits at danaherbenefitsinfo.com .
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we’ll empower you to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System (https://www.danaher.com/how-we-work/danaher-business-system) tools and the stability of a tested organization.Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.The EEO posters are available here (https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters) .We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at 202.419.7762 or email@example.com to request accommodation.If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.
Operating Company: Cepheid