Danaher Corporation R&D Manager – Ancillary Technology in Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Danaher Company Description
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are uniquely positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Our mission of “Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives” is at the heart of our corporate culture. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany. VisitLeicaBiosystems.com for more information.
DescriptionR&D Manager – Ancillary Technologies
Position Summary and Overview:
To lead a team of scientists (Principles and Seniors) to effectively and efficiently develop, maximise and evaluate high quality ancillary reagents.
- Responsibility for overseeing the generation and evaluation of ancillary reagents for use in IVD assays, all at time adhering to LBS Design Control Procedures.
- Provide strong leadership to the Ancillary Reagents team whilst building the capability of the team and attracting and recruiting top talent.
- Ensure all relevant projects are managed using the appropriate business processes, monitored against project objectives, timescales and to budget
- Provide both operational and scientific guidance on processes as required
- Work with the QA and Regulatory team to ensure that all work complies with regulatory directives in Leica’s focus markets
- Support the assay development strategy for delivery to market of products in line with automated staining systems.
- Conduct research into scientific and market developments and recommend strategies or innovations where possible.
- Ensuring Quality, Regulatory and Environmental, Health and Safety Policies are integrated into R D activities as appropriate.
- Support the company strategy by providing input into new product development via internal or external innovation.
- Supporting the innovation department by driving and conducting feasibility experiments on ancillary reagent technologies that may be suitable for automated histology.
- Relevant experience of working within medical device (or equivalent) organisation with a regulatory framework is preferred.
- Solid and demonstrable experience of introducing immuno assay products to market from feasibility and development through verification and validation to commercialisation.
- Confident leadership style with experience of leading scientific teams and ensure targets are met on budget and within set timeframes
Experience of histopathology and cancer diagnostics
Excellent communication skills
- High levels of initiative, self-motivation and energy with an ability to work well functionally within the R D management team and cross functionality with other departments/business units as required.
- Experience in leadership and people management skills
- Highly organised with an ability to work effectively to deadlines.
- A high attention to detail with an ability to follow through on commitments.
Sound judgment with ability to balance big picture thinking and the appropriate attention to detail with a risk management focus
PhD in relevant scientific area (desired)
BsC in relevant scientific area (required)
Travel expectations within this role are not excessive (<10%)
This role shall be based at Newcastle upon Tyne
This role reports into the Director of R&D
** To Apply:
Leica Biosystems is committed to attracting and retaining the most highly qualified candidates available. We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities. As a Leica Biosystems employee you will be consistently challenged to deliver your best.
If you are ready for this challenge, submit your resume for consideration. http://www.leicabiosystems.com/about/careers/
Be sure to follow Leica Biosystems on LinkedIn!
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Organization: Leica Biosystems
Job Function: Science
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-United Kingdom-ENG-Newcastle upon Tyne
Req ID: ADV001031