Danaher Corporation Scientist in Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Develops methods for the production and testing of new products. Develops new product designs, processes, new product scale-up, design/product optimization, technology transfer and process/product validation activities. Develops production procedures and process/product specifications. Includes laboratory roles.
• The generation and evaluation of in vitro diagnostic (IVD) assays for use in cancer diagnosis in manual and automated staining systems.
• Acting as part of a team to examine the viability of potential research projects.
• Contributing towards department innovation initiatives.
• Devising detailed plans for the development, verification and validation of new products. This requires a comprehensive literature search, a review of existing/rival products, and use of databases prior to deciding which approach to use
• Microscopic slide examination and interpretation of antibody/probe staining primarily on formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue where required.
• Participation in technical support and customer complaint investigations, when requested by the PPIB board
• Proven and demonstrable experience within the Biomedical field.
• Experience of working within a regulated environment
• Understanding of histopathology, histological/immunohistochemical and molecular biology techniques
• Understanding of tissue recognition in histopathology slide screening
• It would be advantageous if the candidate had experience of protein chemistry
• Highly motivated
• Portrays a positive and enthusiastic approach to work
• Ability to undertake research with minimal supervision
• Ability to write research reports
• Excellent communication skills (verbal/written)
• Effective organisation skills
• Able to work individually and as part of a team
• Good technical/practical skills and a logical approach to development work
Education List of Education, Certifications, Training
• Degree (or equivalent) within a relevant Biomedical/Biological science
Travel expectations within this role are minimal (<10%)
Location: This role shall be based at Newcastle upon Tyne
Reporting to: This role reports into the R&D Manager - Scientific Resources
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System (https://www.danaher.com/how-we-work/danaher-business-system) tools and the stability of a tested organization.At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.