Danaher Corporation Manufacturing Engineer in Newquay, United Kingdom
Danaher Company Description
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visitwww.pall.com/green.
Our Manufacturing Engineering department is looking forward to welcome a
This is a great opportunity to work for a large and dynamic global organisation. Due to expansion, an opportunity has now become available for a production technician to join the team in Newquay.
This role will provide hands on technical support to Medical Manufacturing businessandsupport Manufacturing in achieving and exceeding their Daily Management targets – specific emphasis around improving Safety, Quality and Delivery with the Value Stream and supporting the Manufacturing Engineering Department achieving its goals and objectives.
In this role the Production Technician will:
Health & Safety
• To follow relevant legal requirements and the Company Health & Safety Policy.
• To keep your work area tidy and free from hazards.
• To make a positive contribution to house keeping (5S) within your designated work area.
• Report and address any safety defects (SIRISI).
• Play an active role in improving equipment Safety – 4E Assessments and Actions.
• Continually review Hourly score cards and voice of the process data and take action with urgency to sustain targets and implement variation reduction.
• Deliver product scrap and yield improvements aligned to SQDIP/Department Targets.
• Perform tasks as required to reduce scrap rates.
• Participate in Machine and Process Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEAs).
• Support NCR Root Cause Counter Measure investigations and Structured Problem Solving to prevent yield loss and down time.
• Set up and confirm specifications of production equipment / processes.
• Assist in validation of new processes in-line with set protocols.
• I ncrease available capacity through improving Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
• Attend to breakdowns with a sense of urgency, take corrective action to correctly diagnosises the problem and implement sustainable recovery/improvement dealing with the root cause.
• Apply TPM to maintain production equipment to like new condition for maximum efficiency.
• Ensure Critical spares are reviewed and maintained.
• Review, improve and apply effective planned maintenance.
• Review and support the improvement of technical SOP’s and maintenance tasks.
• Conduct preventative and predictive maintenance to minimise equipment downtime..
• Actively participate in Continuous Improvement activities.
• Assist in the technical specification, evaluation and approval of new processes and equipment.
• Provide technical related support to Value Streams and Manufacturing Engineering team.
• Provide support to reduce hazards highlighted in Risk Assessments.
• Monitor production efficiency performance, identifiy and execute of process improvements.
• Maintain equipment maintenance records, complying with GMP/GDP.
• Ability to operate assembly processes as necessary.
The successful applicant will have:
Knowledge & Key Skills:
• Have a good understanding and practicle experience in maintaining mechanical, pneumatics, and electrical systems related to a manufacturing environment.
• Experience with PLC programs & Vision Systems is advantageous but not essential.
• Posess and can demonstrate mechanical, pneumatic and electrical problem solving skills.
• Ability to effectively train Production & Engineering personnel.
• The ability to solve problems in a structured and logical manner, driving to root cause.
• Good interpersonal skills and can communicate effectively both within the Technical Team and within Operations.
• Works on own initiative, self-motivated and acts with a sense of urgency to support Operations.
• Abilitly to work well within a team environment and support Department goals and objectives.
• PC literate in key Microsoft Office applications.
• Possess a thorough understanding around the importance of Safety and Quality.
• Recognised engineering training scheme / Apprenticeship.
• NVQ 3 or equivalent in an engineering discipline and working towards foundation degree in an engineering discipline.
• Electrically qualified candidates would be advantageous to this role.
Preferred Previous Experience:
• Practical experience in the repair and maintenance of high volume manufacturing lines.
• Practical experience with Overall Equipment Effectivess (OEE), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and Statistical Process Control (SPC).
• Proven background in a technical support/maintenance role.
Interested? Join the PALL Team!
If you would like to explore this exciting opportunity further and find out more about our competitive salary package, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-United Kingdom-Cornwall-Newquay
Req ID: LIF003705