Danaher Corporation Manufacturing Engineer in Newquay, United Kingdom
Danaher Company Description
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visitwww.pall.com/green.
Our Engineering department is looking forward to welcome a
This is a unique opportunity to work for a large and dynamic global organisation. In this role you will provide technical support to Medical Manufacturing business to ensure an efficient production process, find solutions to complex technical challenges and lead initiatives to continuously improve appropriate key performance indicators.
In this role you will:
• Identify and implement appropriate working practices and methods to improve manufacturing performance.
• Drive to rootcause and implement robust and sustainable counter measures.
• Provide technical support for relevant processes and products.
• Liaise with appropriate internal and external customers / suppliers.
• Identify and drive value analysis and waste reduction initiatives.
• Lead cost reduction programmes as delegated.
• Champion and actively contribute to continuous improvement initiatives (e.g. TPM, SMED).
• Promote best health and safety practice.
• Generate FMEA analysis as required.
• Assist in the technical specification, evaluation and approval of new processes and equipment.
• Ensure legislative protocols are adhered to.
• Generate, execute and approval of change control Validation activities.
• Coaching and provide guidance to Setters & Technicians within area or project.
• Support budgeting for department.
• Raise and progress purchase orders.
• Accountable for spares management in relevant area.
• Accountable for capital approvals and delivery against business objectives.
The role requirements:
• Graduate calibre in a suitable engineering discipline.
Nice to have:
• Electrically qualified to support and maintain manufacturing equipment.
• Experienced in PLC/HMI Software support and improvement of manufacturing equipment.
• 6 sigma qualification – ideally to a minimum green belt level.
Essential Previous Experience:
• Successful implementation of lean manufacturing techniques
• Experienced in successfully completing change control through validation activity.
• Experience of implementing change in a regulated industry.
• Experience in a similar manufacturing role.
• Conversant with problem solving tools and techniques to drive improvement.
• Experienced practioner in TPM culture, engagement and improvement.
• Experience of SPC implementation and adoption to make data driven decisions.
• Experienced user of OEE to drive process improvement.
Knowledge & Key Skills:
• Proven technical / engineering knowledge.
• Working knowledge of medium to high volume manufacturing processes (manual and automatic).
• Proven leadership / teamwork skills.
• Relevant IT skills utilised in a manufacturing environment.
• Competent in HSE practices / assessment.
• Self motivated, drives change with urgency and control.
• Data driven decision making and sustainment of improvements.
• Able to prioritise based on data to leverage benefits to business.
Interested? Join the PALL Team!
If you would like to explore this exciting opportunity further and find out more about our salary & benefits package, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-United Kingdom-Cornwall-Newquay
Req ID: LIF003705