Danaher Corporation Kavo Kerr Plant Controller in Orange, California
Danaher Company Description
KaVo Kerr is a cohesive organization comprised of two global leaders, united to provide dental excellence and serve as a single premier partner for the dental community. KaVo Kerr operates with a common vision inspiring and helping our customers, their patients and our own associates realize their potential. KaVo Kerr offers solutions for endodontics, restoratives, treatment units, infection prevention, imaging, rotary and instruments
ThePlant Controllerassists in overseeing financial activities of the Company. He/She manages financial and operating performance through month end activities and financial reporting, ensures accounting department procedures and activities are in line with company objectives and all compliance requirements and provides site leadership from financial perspective for all operational activities in Orange and Pomona locations.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recommend, implement, and measure performance against benchmarks for financial and operating performance.
- Lead the month end closing and financial reporting process; including account analysis and reconciliation.
- Conduct formal monthly review meetings with manufacturing and finance management to discuss plant performance.
- Perform periodic walkthroughs of the plant with the Plant Manager to discuss production and costing issues. Review labor reporting and cost, material costs, manufacturing overhead, distribution cost, and inventory levels.
- Implement and ensure organizational compliance with accounting best practices, U.S. GAAP requirements, and company’s policies.
- Ensure bill of material and costing accurately reflect production operations.
- Support International locations in U.S. GAAP reporting.
- Responsible for the integrity and accuracy of an organization's financial data.
- Implementing best practices in worldwide accounting organizations.
- Development of operational procedures and documentation of data flow. Ensure data integrity through system controls.
- Drive manufacture cost spending process including costing process for location
- Analyze internal controls to ensure assets are adequately safeguarded and results are accurately reported.
- Support creation and updating of monthly forecasts and annual operating budget.
- Monitors cash flow by analyzing inventory, payroll and capital spending.
- Maintain a perpetual inventory for finished goods and reconcile this perpetual to production, shipping, and returns on a monthly basis.
- Assist in or lead special projects as necessary.
- B.S. degree in Accounting required.
CPA strongly preferred.
7-10 years of accounting experience including use of standard costing methods; public accounting experience preferred.
- 3 years’ experience as plant controller or cost manager in a manufacturing environment, managing a staff, with an emphasis on cost accounting, reporting and variance analysis.
- Must have technical skills and experience in financial reporting for a publicly traded global company.
Must have cost experience working for a manufacturing company.
Demonstrated leadership as part of a cross-functional management team.
- Technical acumen, creative thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills with MS software (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Hyperion HFM and Oracle (ERP system)
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Travel as required, <10%.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #144 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: KaVo Kerr
Job Function: Finance & Accounting
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Orange
Req ID: KAV002891