Danaher Corporation Materials Supervisor in Orange, California
Danaher Company Description
KaVo Kerr is a cohesive organization comprised of two global leaders, united to provide dental excellence and serve as a single premier partner for the dental community. KaVo Kerr operates with a common vision inspiring and helping our customers, their patients and our own associates realize their potential. KaVo Kerr offers solutions for endodontics, restoratives, treatment units, infection prevention, imaging, rotary and instruments
Directs and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in purchasing and distributing materials, equipment, and supplies in an organization by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes, directs, and controls activities related to materials management. Makes recommendations to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations.
- Responsible for supply chain, on time delivery metrics and inventory turn improvements.
- Coordinates and leads a team during the annual physical inventory count, working closely with finance.
- Organizes, supervises, and directs the work of supply chain personnel engaged in receiving, issuing, and delivering materials.
- Monitors and updates materials systems, policies and procedures as needed.
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability, including working with market analysis reports, master schedulers, and marketing.
- Designs, implements, manages, and monitors supply chain reporting systems to meet company requirements.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders and change notices.
- Prepares and reviews contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for legal correctness, price, and acceptability of items to specifications.
- Oversees all activities related to supply chain of a commodity, from intent to purchase through delivery of commodity.
- Identifies and implements transactional process efficiency practices for example; work flow studies, and sequence of operations.
Other duties may be assigned.
Directly supervises 2 to 10 employees and manages budget accordingly.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Activities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; writing development plans; planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Strong knowledge of order processing systems; spreadsheet software and word processing software.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, with understanding of cost accounting and financial statements.
- Hands on training and implementation of Lean manufacturing principles applied to supply chain
- Project management experience is an asset
- Previous experience in a regulated industry, specifically medical devices is preferred
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #144 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: KaVo Kerr
Job Function: Supply Chain & Logistics
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Orange
Req ID: KAV002666