Danaher Corporation NPD Strategic Buyer II in Orange, California
Danaher Company Description
KaVo Kerr is a cohesive organization comprised of two global leaders, united to provide dental excellence and serve as a single premier partner for the dental community. KaVo Kerr operates with a common vision inspiring and helping our customers, their patients and our own associates realize their potential. KaVo Kerr offers solutions for endodontics, restoratives, treatment units, infection prevention, imaging, rotary and instruments
General Nature and Scope: Under the direction of the Procurement Manager, this position is directly involved with the development and management of NPD (New Product Development) projects supporting Dental 2020, and VAVE and PPV Cost savings projects for products, processes, and materials, and support for the Procurement department for Direct Materials and purchase for resale products as they relate to Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Innovation.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities: * Responsible for multiple procurement activities while balancing both site and corporate objectives:
- Responsible for supporting Procurement activities for NPD projects from concept inception to product launch.
- This is the primary priority in this position and more detailed responsibilities are listed below.
- Responsible for the generation and sustainment of site PPV and VAVE either through individual, team or cross-functional involvement.
- Utilizes Danaher Business System (DBS) reporting tools to extrapolate, analyze and interpret data to help assess and deliver results for both PPV and VAVE.
- Participates and leads workshops for NPD, PPV and VAVE that reviews spending and manufacturing activities to identify ways to reduce costs without sacrificing quality.
- As assigned, Supplier management through a supplier qualification process, which may include site visits and audits, that incorporates accepted standards of practice, based on QDCI, to help consider, evaluate and qualify potential supplier candidates. Performance ratings of suppliers is required to facilitate the alignment of capabilities to our business requirements.
- Supports buying best by assuring best price and quality for all direct material items/commodities (Chemicals; Packaging; Metals & Plastics; others) as assigned.
- Responsible for working with Cross-Functional teams to help drive and deliver innovation and new products by assisting in implementing strategic cost initiatives and techniques to minimize exploratory costs and the subsequent costs that will be associated with product sustainment post launch.
- Some travel up to 20% or as needed, both domestically and internationally.
Other duties may be assigned, in addition to those identified below: * Attend as requested NPD meetings, Tollgate meetings/signoffs, TG Kaizens, Supplier PSP’s. * Pre-tollgate sourcing facilitation and Supplier selection. * Manage/harmonize procurement timeline to PM project timelines. * Define and confirm Procurement actions with PM and NPD cross functional team. * Plan/coordinate Supplier based NPD Kaizen as needed. * Outline Contract parameters by working with Contracts Manager, to fit the Product and the Supplier with Procurement Leader or SRM. * Follow Processes and support interactions with Contract Manager. * Manage to timeline. * Define key elements and outline unique project requirements and protection. * Supplier Vetting Review: capability assessment, site visit if required, QA Audit support, and Validations. * Build YOY savings profiles upfront with selected Suppliers during Contract phases before final selection/launch. * Challenge forecasts and align to MOQ. * Select and/or develop capable suppliers to scale with growth and projected product life considerations (to include process capability to produce quality products and sustainment). * Coordinate sample and Prototype initiation with site Procurement team (and SRM). * Outline Supplier risk (timeline, COGs, etc.) and rationalize to PM action plan. * A, B & C contingency planning for fall out (supplier inabilities, specification creep or emergent complications). * Monitor Procurement action delivery requirements. * Coordinating prototypes with OpCo for VOC, Trial, etc. * Scheduling, monitoring, and confirmed deliveries and next actions. * Supplier interface (Direct and through Procurement Opco SRM). * First pass RFQ and evaluation. * Initial action item meetings lead. * Site buyer/leader hand off. * Building a sustainable roadmap. * Coordinate Supplier PSP’s (as needed). * Buy vs. Make analysis (as applicable). * Final tollgate close out support.
Minimum Requirements: * Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technical field, Supply Chain, Business, Finance or related field. * 2-3 years general business experience in manufacturing environment. * 3-5 years Procurement Experience. * Preferred Qualifications: * Intermediate to Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products – especially Word and Excel. * Oracle experience.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team. Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Organization: KaVo Kerr
Job Function: Supply Chain & Logistics
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Orange
Req ID: KAV002016